Launching problem , freezing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So , here's my problem :

I tried to start Star-made , the window opens , no problem , I install the game and start it , then I arrive on the window with all the config etc. ... Towards here , no problem ! Then , I press "OK" to start the game and there is the problem !

The window open ... but nothing happens , I see just black screen ! It freezes , after a moment , my screen turn Off and a little window in my ToolBar says me that my display Driver had turned Off and then turned back On ...

I asked for support on the Tchat of Star-made.org , I tried what they said :

- Allocating more memory to star-made

- Changing the "Max segment in graphics memory"

- Re-Install star-made

- Installing the good version of Java

In Fact , nothing worked ...

Here some precision about my computer and my graphic card , if necessary :

- Windows Vista

- Processor : AMD Phenom(tm) 8450 Triple-Core Processor 2.10 GHz

- Graphic Card : ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series

- System 32 Bit

Thanks for reading !

Reaction score
    Time to check your drivers/clean up your computer. I also have an ATI Radeon HD 3200, but a 1.6 GHz CPU. Starmade is only just playable if I keep my ships to about the size of pirate ships.

Try running cmd prompt and type \'defrag C: /U /V\'. It\'s a command that will defragment your computer in the background and if you haven\'t defragged often, greatly boost your computer\'s speed. Then, update your drivers. USE CAUTION because installing a driver incorrectly can and will lead to a blue screen error or an unusable computer or any number of weird glitches. Make sure to look up how to properly do it, and avoid taking risks. Another option is uninstalling, then installing java and double checking that you have the 64-bit version if your processor is a 64-bit processor.

In order:

1. Uninstall Java, then reinstall properly
    2. re-install starmade
    3. clean your computer with defrag and disk cleanup (Don\'t download programs for this; windows already has good ones)
    4. Do a virus scan
    5. See if starmade works
    6. If not, uninstall Catalyst Control Center and reinstall with the latest version (I successfully installed 13.1, but 13.9 is latest)
    7. Look up, and take notes on how to properly uninstall and reinstall drivers (I\'m serious)
    8. Uninstall and reinstall drivers with care, particularly the graphics driver (should be included in catalyst control center)