Launcher won't load!

Reaction score
    My launcher does not launch. I have the latest Java, and the latest launcher. I have tried clearing the data in both my Application Support folder, and my StarMade in the directory. Nothing seems to work. I contacted BearishMushroom and CyrberJao, and neither of them have ever heard of this error. In addition, neither has Google, according to my research. Anyways, onto the details.

Error: The application "Jar Launcher" can't be opened. -1712
    Java: Java 7 u51 NOTE: I had been using the same version to play the game before this happened.

That is all the data I feel that would be relevant to this. Of course, if anyone needs more data, or can help me, I will be sitting here for a couple of hours, so PM me. Thanks everyone!

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Visit Oracle and follow their guide to removing Java and get a fresh install. Report back!

Reaction score
    You need to be launching the launcher file which is call StarMade-starter.exe (in windows) not the Starmade.jar inside the starmade directory.

To get the correct file you must download it from the http://star-made.org/download . the DEV builds will not have the StarMade-starter file in it.. The file is will be in the parent directory of the Starmade directory.