Lag spiking on planets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey guys,

I've got a slight problem while playing the game. Whenever I jump onto a planet it laggs seriousily bad. After a few minutes of staying still it settles down into a nice steady 300+ fps but once you start moving again boom 1fps!
    I dont have any troubles with in space but when i got near anything planetlike it takes ages for it to load and I know my internet isnt that bad!
    Any ideas of whats wrong?
    My hardware is as follows:
    i5 3570K
    ATI 6850 OC
    8GB 1600 RAM
    22inch monitor

Reaction score
    Lock your fps with vsync or \"limit to 60 fps\". It just doesn\'t make sense to have more, because screens usually only have 60 fps

Reaction score
    Neither of those will help. Vsync takes more system resources, and he\'s suffering from low fps, so a cap on that is redundant. Try increasing the default amount of ram the game is set to use, this should be accessible from the first window that your exe opens.

Reaction score
    Also what\'s the mass of the ship your using? High mass ships calculating collisions with planets can take up a lot of your computers resources, which can cause the fps problem

Reaction score
    Yeah, but when he\'s not lagging, he says he has 300+ fps. Isn\'t that a little too much?