KNOWN ISSUE - Intel GPU and build 0.0939 - Workaround

Reaction score
    Schema changed how the shaders work and now intel gpus are not able to handle it.

Until he changes it you will have to use an older version of the game.

How to downgrade:

Option A) Use your backup copy

- Open your StarMade folder and look for the latest backup zip file.

Option B) Download older version from here:

- http://files.star-made.org/build/starmade-build_20130821_030727.zip

Unzip the older build over your StarMade folder, make sure you don't end up with StarMade\StarMade

Now obviously you won't be able to play on servers that have upgraded, but you can still play locally / on servers that haven't upgraded yet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    great big sad face do to the multi server i play on wont downgrade..........

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    thats 2 days with no fix. I really like this game and cant play it. it helped me relax after work but now I gotta find something else to do..........

Reaction score
    It hasn\'t even been 24 hours yet since the patch released, and you can downgrade to play easily enough anyway.

Reaction score
    Funny how many people complain when they have been playing for over a month without even spending the $3-$6 for the game...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m gonna buy the game full price when it is sold in stores. Its a good game worth the full price. So basically shutup.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I really don\'t see why the devs would keep a shader that can\'t be run on a lot of computers, from what I\'ve heard, the other people that can run it are having diffeculties with it too

plus I already payed 3$ so it would suck even more if I can\'t play it

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH I MIGHT ACTUALLY CRY \"SNIff\"

you see when i try to play starmade it kept tel.ling me that my graphics aint updated correctley so ive been searching and changing stuff for 3 D*** days. thnx i was un aware it was with the game

BUT WHY SCHEMA PLEASE FIX THIS :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have created a fix that does not require you to downgrade, you can find it at http://star-made.org/content/temporary-fix-intel-driver-issue-100-load

Reaction score
    If you would like to play on your own single player or private server (because I doubt servers are on this build) and looking regular and all, not just certain colors like the temp fix, you can download and use the latest build schema let out for us to find bugs and such. ( This is not the complete version, just a build. In alpha too!)

Also, he would appreciate if you would try and find some bugs to fix too!

Link to the build: http://star-made.org/content/starmade-prerelease-009392-exploits

Reaction score
    Sorry to necro an old thread, but are Intel GPU\'s still not supported? I\'m getting a tablet/laptop hybrid soon with an Intel GPU and was curious if I could run the most recent builds on it.

Reaction score
    The time it would have taken you to test out yourself or search for it being said somewhere would be much less then the time it takes for someone to answer...btw, the answer is: they are supported again now, provided they have OpenGL 2

Reaction score
    How do you think I found this old thread genius? BY SEARCHING. And I can\'t \"test it\" first since my post says I am getting one \"soon\". Therefore I would like to know ahead of time so I may possibly change my purchase decisions.

BTW thanks for your smartass answer, followed by something that was at least helpful.

Also just answering the question would have been much quicker than being a dick about it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I, on the other hand, have spent the money. I am patiently wating. Funny how the most impatient people are the ones who did not pay!