kiwionthemoon Council App

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Robowl

Master Owl
    Reaction score
    Username kiwionthemoon

Responses in this application will be posted publicly in a voting thread.

Timezone (GMT): GMT + 0

How much time are you able to commit to being on the council per week? Its hard to give a definitive time; my final exams are coming up in the next two months and I know that revising for them will take up a lot of my time. That said, after my exams I would have a lot of free time on my hands, so its a case of free later but busy now.

How long have you been playing StarMade? Hard to say, its been a very long time (maybe 1-2 years). I joined on the back of the yogswave (I only really played when jamzi broadcasted the game though). My first experience in the multiplayer community was the first vargyr war, but I was playing a lot in singleplayer before that. I know I can safely say that I am a hardened and grizzled veteran.

What’s your playstyle in StarMade? Im currently a founding and directing member of the TE, I have been since almost the beginning and I hope to remain in that position for a long time to come. I am currently head of intelligence, although thats a rather empty position as the current meta is rather dull. Instead, I am usually the one who corresponds with other factions (so a diplomate if you will) I have also written every single "legal" accord the TE has ever signed.

What are some qualities you think you posses that would make you a good council member? As a senior member in a faction i understand the difficulties of preventing a large group of people from dissolving into chaos or simply losing interest in the game. Its a hard but rewarding task, and i love every minute of it. Another skill being in a faction has given me is clear communication. There is nothing more important that expressing your ideas when your in a senior position, and the council is no exception.

What are some of your weaknesses? While being in a faction is also a strenght, I know it is a weakness as well. Favouritism and confirmation bias will be a problem for me, especially when dealing with other factions. Its not hard to try and deal with these problems, but im worried that they will always exist on a subconscious level.

What motivates you to become a council member? When a new member joins your faction you gradually get to know them. Eventually they seem almost like a friend, but then oneday they dont log back on because they got bored of the game, or of us, or have something better to do. It breaks my heart when I see this happen, so I want to make starmade as interesting a place as possible to avoid loosing members to space engineers and EVE.

How do you contribute to the community currently? I organise most faction events the TE takes part in. Usually these are not published but some are, and this generates coverage for starmade, something the game needs right now if it is to survive. More than anything else, people dream about fleets of spaceships, not just singular fights. This is why faction fights like this are so important, as they appeal to a larger audience.
    I can also be found (on occasion) livening up chat with my "back in the good old days" conversations with the few people who were actually there.

All warnings, active or inactive will be posted on your application.

Status
    Not open for further replies.