Bug kills my i7!!

Reaction score
    I honestly think it is your CPU, power-source, or cooling the failure here, not the game. Try running other CPU intensive games, so you realize that.

There are also applications that run heavy calculation loads on your CPU. Pair it with an application that monitors temps, and then find out what is the real issue.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I run an I7-4820 with a cheapo Intel fan and heat sink. At 2560x1600, with an ambient air temp of 74F degrees, I'm looking at 51.0C/123F on the cpu. I could bring that down by giving a bit more fan to the cpu, but it's not too objectionable at 2100 rpm. Graphed over time, the mobo reports that 52C is the upper limit, and it goes down to 48C sometimes. Star Made never takes my system over 20% utilization, its usually around 17-18%. I'm running a 64 bit system on windows 7 pro. I also run this game on linux, FC19 and FC20 x86_64. This pc has 64gb of RAM and a pair of GTX770 video cards SLI'd. I run a corsair TX-750 PS.

If you're overclocking, you should try testing at stock speed. If you are at stock speed, and you are experiencing issues, you have a problem in your cooling system. You should run your pc at 100% during burn-in to see if everything works properly under a full load. Why is your cooling system new? Was the old one not working as well? Being upset about a sandbox game consuming cpu cycles is like complaining to the driver because your car overheats when you go 60mph and not when it goes 20mph. You're overlooking that the car ( your pc ) should easily do 60mph without overheating.

Reaction score
    umm, by chance has that cpu ever been overclocked? is it second hand (ebay).
    my mate's haswell i3 got cooked and it struggles to do many things, and heat *is* a byproduct of that damage.
    just a thought.