keptick Council App

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Robowl

Master Owl
    Reaction score
    Username keptick

Responses in this application will be posted publicly in a voting thread.

Timezone (GMT): -5

How much time are you able to commit to being on the council per week? This really depends on how much time is needed. More than 3 hours for sure, I have a lot of free time (could even be more than 10 hours if necessary).

How long have you been playing StarMade? 1.5 - 2 years.

The first time I played starmade was over two years ago. I just tried it out and dropped it. I eventually came back to the game a couple of months later and haven't stopped playing ever since.

What’s your playstyle in StarMade? I enjoy pretty much every aspect of the game. I love building, fighting, playing on servers and interacting with people in-game. I typically build ships in single player and use them in multi-player (mostly because I can't save my ship without crashing in multi-player). The only thing I dislike is mining, mostly due to how buggy and dull it is (imho).

What are some qualities you think you posses that would make you a good council member? I am a fairly open minded person, I'm open to other people's ideas and don't reject them because they came from someone else. I just want the game to get better, no matter the path used to get there.

I'm also proficient at idea mashing. Basically taking two different ideas and combining them into something better. Lastly, I think that quality is important. Making botched suggestions/posts isn't really my style.

What are some of your weaknesses? Bad suggestions; I hate them. I absolutely cannot stand badly structured two liners, even if the idea is good. I've also turned into a bit of a grammar Nazy over the years (yes, I know make mistakes too). Being a perfectionist is sometimes a hindrance, but that's a problem I'm actively trying to correct (in real life too).

My second weakness is sometimes stalling when I don't know how to overcome a problem, instead of actively trying to solve it. That's also something I'm actively trying to fix as it also affects me in real life. However, I can honestly say that I've improved that over the years.

What motivates you to become a council member? I really like this game and would like to contribute to its growth. Making sure that the devs know what the community wants is, in my opinion, a very important aspect of game development. If I ever make it to the council I'll do my best to cast aside personal bias and makes this game grow the way the community AND the devs want. I can't make any promises about the massive amount of ideas for this game matching perfectly, but I'll do my best.

On a more personal note, and I'm going to be completely transparent about this, I also want to get on the council as a personal life experience. For a future career or just personal enrichment.

How do you contribute to the community currently? I've made two or three suggestion threads (one of which has become massive), am the creator of the Drone R&D thread and the Charon (a big ship).

I frequently contribute ideas for the game and give my opinion on the forums and chat. I usually help people out when they have questions, unless those questions are really basic (in which case I tell them to do the tutorial).

All warnings, active or inactive will be posted on your application.

DukeBot

Big Brother
    Reaction score
    Inappropriate Behavior Feb 4, 2015
    Inappropriate Behavior Jan 15, 2015
    Inappropriate Behavior Sep 25, 2014

Status
    Not open for further replies.