Just started...crafting issues

Reaction score
    I just started today so im sure this is a problem because I'm a noob. I did the tutorial. Now I landed on a planet and mined up a few ores and shards and refined them into mesh and circuits. I built a basic factory. Now I open the basic factory and select anything from the recipe list - micro assembler, power module, etc and it doesn't create it even though I placed the circuits and meshes in the boxes below. What's going on why isn't it crafting the item I selected??
    [DOUBLEPOST=1421189230,1421188703][/DOUBLEPOST]I've read elsewhere that this might be a power issue, which makes sense. But how on earth are you supposed to be able to craft a power module if the factory requires power to operate.....?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    The game is still in alpha and a lot of user friendliness is still missing. I suggest consulting the Wiki and specifically looking at the pages for the three types of factories. On those pages, is the list of what those factories can produce, along with the components needed for their production.

Note that in all probability, all the materials you might want will not be found on a single planet. Use the blocks you started with to build a basic mining ship, and go look for asteroids. If you see red arrows on your hud indicating pirates, run in the opposite direction. Keep your starting ship fast to make running away easier, by either keeping it small with the thrusters you started with, or making or buying lots more thrusters. Also note, currently it is quite possible to never bother crafting anything. You can sell the stuff you mine at shops that you can fly to with your spacecraft. Then you can buy the blocks you want with the money earned.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    [DOUBLEPOST=1421189230,1421188703][/DOUBLEPOST]I've read elsewhere that this might be a power issue, which makes sense. But how on earth are you supposed to be able to craft a power module if the factory requires power to operate.....?
    use the power supplier you start with

Reaction score
    use the power supplier you start with
    The only problem is that it was destroyed or lost or something I dont really know I just know I do not have it anymore. So I guess in that situation am I SOL? I have to go buy a new power source? What if I don't have any credits? Just trying to wrap my head around it here. Thanks for the help.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Do you still have a power reactor on the ship you flew to the planet with?

You could repurpose that for a while, just place it next to the factory.

Reactions: Mariux
    Reaction score
    Losing the starting items is definitely a big burden. You will need to make your way to a shop if possible.