Implemented Jump Down to Main Core

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Often times when I'm working on adding multiple turrets to a ship, there will be ones where I'll get stuck somewhere odd inside the ship or turret. Ideally I should be able to just Down my way to the core of the main ship, but most times I simply get lost in other turrets until I give up and exit and just cut my way out.

Would be very handy if hitting Down would ONLY send you down to whatever you are currently docked to (so turret base if you're in the barrel, or main ship core if you're in the base).

Last edited:

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    This would definitely be a lot more intuitive, Down should move you down and only down.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Often times when I'm working on adding multiple turrets to a ship, there will be ones where I'll get stuck somewhere odd inside the ship or turret. Ideally I should be able to just Down my way to the core of the main ship, but most times I simply get lost in other turrets until I give up and exit and just cut my way out.

Would be very handy if hitting Down would ONLY send you down to whatever you are currently docked to (so turret base if you're in the barrel, or main ship core if you're in the base).
    Resolved in latest update. Up/Down now will only bring you up or down docking levels; holding right control with up/down will move between entities on the same docking level.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    As far as I know the order of entity-switching with the arrow keys is completely messed up and needs fixing. I think that it's more in the realm of coding issues though, there's even a bug relating to that which got fixed in the last update (looping between entities).

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Might as well put this on implemented now. Fixed in latest release as Ithirahad mentioned.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    That is excellent. Then, a simple core that one enters and presses down in should function as a cockpit, no?

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    That is excellent. Then, a simple core that one enters and presses down in should function as a cockpit, no?
    I'm not sure what you mean with that.
    As of now, pressing the down key should pretty much bring you back to the mothership with a few presses, unless you're like 10 chains up.
    No matter what chain you're on.

If you mean like a physical docked cockpit and switching to that, that is possible. But if you have many turrets or other docks, you still need to cycle through them before you find your cockpit.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    [Notifcation quote.]
    Pretty much. Returning from the core is an issue of it's own, of course, but that kind of one-way transport is easy enough with gravity or rails, and generally doesn't need to be nearly as quick.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    As of now, pressing the down key should pretty much bring you back to the mothership with a few presses, unless you're like 10 chains up.

If you mean like a physical docked cockpit and switching to that, that is possible. But if you have many turrets or other docks, you still need to cycle through them before you find your cockpit.
    I think LupoCani meant that you could have the core of your ship hidden away and then dock a 'cockpit ship' somewhere else, pressing Down from the cockpit ship should bring you into the main ship. :) Pretty much a captain's chair that you go inside of!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah this seems to work quite well, setting to Implemented...

Holding RIGHT CONTROL allows you to swap between entities at the same level so going the other direction is possible but may take time to find the entity you want.