Jolly's Ship/s...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've only made one ship worth screen capping, and at that it's a unarmed hull, but if I do say so myself, it's a pretty sexy hull. =)

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag36/JollyGrnGiant328/StarMade/starmade-screenshot-0000_zpsefe99f4f.png

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag36/JollyGrnGiant328/StarMade/starmade-screenshot-0001_zps05b81992.png

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag36/JollyGrnGiant328/StarMade/starmade-screenshot-0002_zps0e08930e.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve unintentionally started making a Calbiri-Class ship... I started out with large enough bank of Shield Dispensers to give 43k shield capacity, and an energy storage battery with a 372k limit...

Once I was done with that, it fit in a nice 24hx24w square, so i made a little doodle to get some idea on how i wanted the ship to look, then scale it up using the 24x24 square as a base, and got this...

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag36/JollyGrnGiant328/StarMade/starmade-screenshot-0004_zps736940fc.png

The thruster housing frames came out to 162m x 192m, and my miniature Enterprise D can easily fly through them.... They really ended up bigger than I was expecting, and I also wanted the main hull to be narrower to have a plumper look... I\'ll need to decide quickly if I want to change it before I go any further though, already a lot of work to change now, would be even worse if I started flashing in the hull and thruster housing more than I already have.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I went ahead and made the intended changes to the hull and thruster housing, and after discovering the sheer wonders of Symmetry Build Mode, which is an OH MY GOD amazing feature, have made good progress on fleshing out the rear of the ship. Still so much to go, but the Sym Build makes it easy so much easier to be creative without fear of misplacing a block or spending hours going back and forth to check for proper placement.

Still haven\'t thought of a name for her.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag36/JollyGrnGiant328/StarMade/starmade-screenshot-0005_zps508569c2.png

Reaction score
    Jolly, it would seem you\'ve contracted gigantism. Gods help you. ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I haven\'t had much time to work on it past couple of days, and when I have I been having a hard time getting it to look right, or trying and failing various techniques to make it easier, but finally got the outlines right, just a matter now of filling in the blanks, but it is really getting to be a major Mind Frell building a compound curvature on a diagonal plane... Anyway, here\'s it\'s current state. =)

P.S. The grey part of the hull is due for a for a complete overhaul, but I won\'t get to that until the thruster housings are done, as they\'re pretty much the focal point of the whole ship at the moment,

Reaction score
    That image of the small Enterprise-D flying through the thruster housing just made me burst into laughter.

that\'s a really big ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dead_videos wrote:

That image of the small Enterprise-D flying through the thruster housing just made me burst into laughter.

that\'s a really big ship

The size isn\'t getting to me near as much as my choice of design style... I\'m sure it\'ll look great when it\'s done, but man oh man choosing to build a smooth, curvy ship in a game made of blocks...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Got the front of the thruster housings filled in.

Not quite as smooth as I would\'ve liked, but it was so maddening working the diagonal quarters, I just left it like that, over all I\'m pleased with it.

next up will be reworking the main hull to make it fit the thruster housings better, which will also lead to how the rest of the ship will flow off of them.

Reaction score
    Dude, this is amazing. Diagonal curves on a ship, in a block based game.
    And thats not mentioning the fact that it lookes amazing. Keep up the good work!
    I hope you play Multiplayer servers, I want to see that thing in person (well, character) someday.

Its freaking incrediable.

Ok, gush is over now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ssthehunter wrote:

Holy Crap

Dude, this is amazing. Diagonal curves on a ship, in a block based game.
    And thats not mentioning the fact that it lookes amazing. Keep up the good work!
    I hope you play Multiplayer servers, I want to see that thing in person (well, character) someday.

Its freaking incrediable.

Ok, gush is over now.

Thank you for the praise, gives me encouragement to continue improving the design. =)

I added more of the final outer detail to the engines, and will finally be able to restart the main hull from scratch, it\'ll be a lot more fluid, like the engines.