It's time to implement Chain Docking + 2 other features

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We've all been going without, I think it's time we get to enjoy keeping our mother ship docked at our home base, with its turrets and helper craft attached!

Also: Implementing docking beams for plex doors with permission modules.

Also: Making permission modules next to plex doors be clickable from the entire plex door, not just the nearest adjacent plex door block (right now it confuses everyone "doesnt work cant open your door")

Thank you devs!

Reaction score
    I believe it was mentioned several times but it suits your topic very well. We really do need to have option with docking blocks to set orientation of docked ships. It is very limiting when you want to build shipyard for big ships and have to work with all ships oriented the same way. It looks weird like huge antenas.

Reaction score
    for chain docking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0 :P

Reaction score
    Was just about to create a similar post, but 2 more features i wanted to suggest was 1.Programmable AI module 2.Gravity modules that turn on automaticly when in range. I hope schema sees this post as well!

Reaction score
    It is unlikley he will add it. He is too busy fixing bugs, a very honourable feat as most devs focus on adding new stuff. Wait untill at least beta until we can start expecting new additions.

Reaction score
    Chain Docking would be a wonderful addition. I beleive it is planned already since when you try to do it in game the message at the top reads chain docking is not supported yet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It is planned for sure, just want it sooner than later I figure its a fairly \"important\" feature of the game to have... I definitely approach that he fixes bugs...but if I had my way I\'d like chain docking to be the first big feature he gets working on... and after that warp drive :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Chain docking and customizable docking orientation would be great additions. I do however understand that schema has a lot of stuff his plate with bug fixing and all. Go schema!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Honestly i think he should totally change docking and get rid of the annoying box that your ship has to fit into. Since the game already can prevent collisions, when you dock the module scans to see if your ship will fit and if so lets you dock! AKA no more docking enhancers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    +1 for chain docking

+1 for changing direction of docked ships

+1 because someone brought this up yet again :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    schema is already planning on doing this, but I rther have it sooner than later and I\'m sure a lot other people do to

Reaction score
    Come on schema. You pretty much have it implemented just turn it on already! I looked in the code and I literally just have to turn off the stuff PREVENTING you from chain docking.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It\'s already in the game? So all schema has to do is turn it on to default?