Issues splitting stacks

Reaction score
    I'm having issues splitting stacks of stuff. I right-click, type in a number, hit the ok button, get a numbered stack of whatever I'm splitting attached to the cursor, click a different slot in my inventory... and it moves the whole stack. One out of 50 tries it might work correctly.

To give an example, say I want to make 11 Factory Enhancers. So I grab my 5000 Crystal and my 5000 Alloy Mesh.

Right click the Mesh, type in 550, click OK. Click a new slot in my inventory (either in my hotbar, my inventory, or an external Storage/Factory Inventory). It should just move the 550 into that slot, but instead it moves the whole stack over. =(

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Reaction score
    I have the same issues.

I find that I can maximise the likely hood of a successful split by ensuring that a factory tick doesn't happen between typing in the number and placing the new stack, placing the new stack in the inventory that the big stack is in but against the far right edge and if possible have no adjacent empty squares to the new stack.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    My best successes with this definitely revolve around splitting the stack in the same inventory, so dont try to take half a stack of something from a chest and move it to your inventory, just split the stack in the inventory the stack originated in. I've also noticed that if the first try doesnt succeed, change where you are trying to drop it, or change the amount by 1 or 2.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yup this is an issue that persists for some time now - afaik since version 0.17xx - and is extremely annoying when in a survival game you want to manage the number of resources you want to craft exactly.
    A search on the bug tracker seems the earlier report(s) are closed so I issued a new one for this bug #1744.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    thanks for reporting guys. this is a known issue. but before we can put it in queue we have to find out exactly how to reproduce it. iv been struggling with this bug my self for a couple of months now as well. but still unable to identify exactly how to trigger it.

since the old ticket was rejected because it was assumed to be an old gui issue, ill go ahead and continue on jans new ticket (#1744) setting it to feedback for now until we can really nail this one down.

ill keep investigating but if someone figures out how to trigger it, then please let us know and well send up to the great grey one.