Is this a bug? why are my AMCs doing no damage?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    OK so I've recently installed version 0.157 and am trying to get a feel for all the new weapons systems. Now when pirates attack my base, they WON'T die!
    I know all my turrets are out dated and I am reworking them but as I have done that, it seems they are still useless and the pirates still won't die when I spawn one in to test the new turrets.
    So I got in one of my ships to kill the pirate and what I found is that my AMCs are doing zero damage on the reinforced hull. (I would have inserted a screenshot to show you all but the upload kept failing)
    Is that supposed to happen now? are the antimatter cannons now supposed to be useless against reinforced hull?
    what are you all experiencing?

Last edited:

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    if you have made no modifications to your turrets then it might be a bug.

AMC+ AMC combos increase rate of fire while decreasing the damage per shot the closer the block ratio of both arrays gets to 1:1 as well as connecting effect comps like Pull/push/stop. the more effects blocks u put of those the less damage your weapons will do but the effect becomes stronger.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    My Reworks have just consisted of AMC + AMC combos to increase the fire rate. I have kept the blocks as close to a 1:1 ratio as possible.
    I haven't even experimented with effects yet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I think it must be a bug cause I just tried to use missiles against that pirate ship and it died but every block except reinforced hull blocks were destroyed. I fired multiple missiles and AMCs at the dead ship and the reinforced hull remained invulnerable.

Reaction score
    You can try using a linked Punch-Through or Piercing Computer to your weapons. You don't even need to use a module, just one temporarily for it to show up on the weapons tab to link it. As it turns out, this allows my crappy ass fighter to deal full damage to any block, even Faction Modules. As of right now, pretty much every AMC or Beam weapon is not able to destroy Hardened Hull without mentioned effect computers. I haven't tested out with Pulse or Missiles. I plan to make a Hardened Hull destroyer with a Damage Pulse at some point. I don't know whether practically invincible Hardened Hull is intentional or not.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Thanks for the feed back Cudgeon Kurosaki. that's helpful. So based on your experience we need to be using the effects to be doing damage to hardened hull right now. I was hoping that I would not to have to update my turrets with effects. Especially cause I thought I read somewhere that the turret AI can't handle the new weapons systems yet.

I'd like to hear what others are experiencing too!

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Its a Bug revolving around Effect modules :u Attaching any effect to the weapon should fix it (Though, certain effects are set to do reduced damage to hull).

It affects any block with a Armour rating if I recall correctly, but Things with a radius (Missiles and Pulse) can just hit through it (makes a fun Microwaving effect).

Edit; If you dont have time to refit the turrets yet, just dig out 2 spaces, and add the effect Computer, a single effect block, and attach that to the weapon. Cause of the ratio, The effect would have very little impact on the weapon (unless the weapon was also small).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Thanks CyberTao! I tried it out on my game. I added the stop effect to my updated turrets. Then watched as they tore though the hull of the pirate ship that I spawned in. I was relieved to see that the turret AI still worked with the added effect.
    Cudgeon, I added the Peirce effect to my ship and then it easily destroyed the hardened hull blocks, Great! I do hope that the bug does get fixed though cause I'm disappointed that I cant just use weapon without added effects.
    Should I report this bug? It sounds like it is already well known based on the way CyberTao explained it. If I do, how do I go about doing that?

On another note, I actually was pretty excited to test out the effects because I've watched many videos where people are using effects and the weapons are the color of the effect module. I couldn't wait to see my weapons be different colors. I was disappointed that all my weapons that I tested with effects remained white. Does anyone know why this is happening to me? Did I run into another bug, or have I just been watching videos of people who have been able to cleverly mod their games?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    When you have selected the Weapons computer (of the Master System), Press V on a Colour Crystal to apply its colour to the weapon. You can find them in Shops, under Terran blocks near the bottom. Also, Try firing your hand pistol! It seems those also get a Random colour now.

It seems the Testers and Devs are using a Bug Tracker Now, and yes the bug has already been reported.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    It Worked! :):D:)
    Thank you two for teaching me that!!!! You have no idea how excited I am to know that and be able to use that now!

And thanks for the Bug Tracker link CyberTao. I hope I can be a little more helpful to the game development now.

I tried to post screenshots for you but was unable to again.