Is There A Way To Max Speed?

Reaction score
    Hey everyone! Just getting into the game, looks awesome. I had a look around the forums, but I can't seem to find an answer to this.

Is there a way to maintain max speed without constantly holding down the "w" key? I'm having to set max speed to high levels to reduce the amount of time spent pressing the same button.

As an X-series/Freelancer/EVE veteran I have no trouble waiting to travel around in space games, I just find it a huge PITA to keep pressing the same button for ages. And given this game has the wonderful option of uncoupling from the navigation and wandering around my finely crafted interiors (hah, none yet, I'm all big cuboids still - but its early days) it'd seem the natural thing to let people just point their craft at a distant target and leave the rest to the thrusters.

So am I missing a key, or is this a potential future feature, or undesirable for some reason I don't know yet, or... ?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Probably a potential future feature, for now just put a weight to hold the w key down :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    or use logic + I think its the push passive effect to move forward. albeit slower than normal engines.

Reaction score
    Turn off linear dampening in the server CFG. Set it to 0.0, bam and you have realistic space travel. Ideal to watch the stars whiz by while you walk around your ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    In the server configs theres a way to turn on newtonian physics making it so your ships don't slow down and any objects in motion will stay in motion and any objects at rest will stay at rest