Is there a trick to straightening turrets?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Is there any way to straighten turrets without manually climbing inside each one individually, doing it yourself, then having to reset the bobby AI? I was doing work inside my ship, when my very large turrets swiveled to engage a passing pirate, and now they occlude all sorts of space. Sadly my turret placement is not ideally designed to facilitate that sort of chore.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    No. Auto-return on turrets has been requested in Suggestions a number of times, but we don't have it yet.

To ease the burden, I think you can use arrow keys (up and down) to switch from the main ship to each turret in turn. That might make it slightly less painful. Note: Using arrow keys actually switches your astronaut to that entity, so if you exit a turret, you won't return to the mothership control automatically; it will be as if you entered the turret, and you'll be in astronaut mode, outside the turret's core.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Up/Down to cycle through docked entities like Jay said, and you can reactivate the AI enmass via the structure tab while in the mothership, Press delete -> Turret docking collection -> Activate all AI.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Spawn a hostile ship in the location you want the turrets to point to in general? That should stop them from obstructing building atleast

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I've found that using the jump drive, and sometimes docking the ship to a station, will re-orientate all of my turrets.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah the best way is to toggle through the turrets with up and down and hit C once in the turret to auto center it. Sometimes you have to hit C more then once, or at least that's been my experience so far. Once all turrets are centered you can use the structure panel (delete) to re-activate all AI.

Now some ships may not give you access to every turret VIA the arrow keys, I'm not sure why this happens but it does. If you have admin you can Tab-F8 into a turret by targeting it and then use C or center it how you like.