Is it possible to salvage a pirate station?

Reaction score
    Yesterday I finally managed to take out my first (Pirate Alpha) Station with my shiny new EPIIIIC warminer. I wanted to salvage all those juicy blocks - and only got scrap after I shot the faction block.

I went to another Station, trying to figure out how to get some benefit from attacking pirate stations. I wasnt able to get anything except scrap out of it,
    - All cargo boxes were empty (after destruction the faction block)
    - Stations are flagged decayed (or derelict or whatever) after removal of the faction block

Only benefit was the blocks of the defending pirate ships.... So, a good oldschool mining trip would have gotten me more wealth then all this fighting.

Am I missing anything? Whats the Point in attacking a pirate station, except drowning in scrap (ok, I can refine that stuff and drown in composites)?

Is the only possibility to buy/repair the station - what wouldnt make any sense profit-wise I guess?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I am surprised that people don't understand the meaning of attacking pirate stations.
    Yes, as far as I know, the way it goes is only by repairing it and scrapping. Yes, you won't make profit from that at all. However, you WILL get actual resources and boy, most pirate stations provide more expendable resources (like armor) in MILLIONS. You will need to mine a bunch of planets or fly to a shitton of shops before you can get the same amount of resource as a single vanilla pirate station is capable of providing. So generally pirate station are a fast-n-cheap way of getting common resources.

It's actually one of the last ways of converting money (useless resource) into useful blocks.

Reaction score
    That kinda helps. Thanks!

So I sell my mined materials, pay off the stations repair cost an then salvage the whole thing.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I am surprised that people don't understand the meaning of attacking pirate stations.
    Yes, as far as I know, the way it goes is only by repairing it and scrapping. Yes, you won't make profit from that at all. However, you WILL get actual resources and boy, most pirate stations provide more expendable resources (like armor) in MILLIONS. You will need to mine a bunch of planets or fly to a shitton of shops before you can get the same amount of resource as a single vanilla pirate station is capable of providing. So generally pirate station are a fast-n-cheap way of getting common resources.

It's actually one of the last ways of converting money (useless resource) into useful blocks.
    This is the method I used to get a ton of armor, I sold off excess computers I got from loot clouds for cash and in turn used that cash to repair a station before salvaging. It was a rather efficient way to turn something I will never use into a ton of useful resources. I mean why in the world would I need thousands of warp-gate computers?!

Of course loot clouds will likely get changed and there is talks about bounty system so there should be a way to make money besides selling blocks.

Reaction score
    It's when you cause overheating of some enemy and it dumps all its contents into space creating a cloud of stuff.

Last edited: