IP access log

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

I think that in your account settings you should be able to view all of your sign ins for the last say month. So it would show you date and time of the access to your account and weather it was an uplink or a log in on the StarMade Registry or Forums. It would also display any other active sessions and allow you to end them.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Forumside or Gameside?
    Forumside is near impossible due to oAuth not requiring data on the application, which used it.
    And gameside will only show data regarding the servers you were on using this client.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    *whether btw, not weather. God how I used to struggle with that word.
    I know of another game that did something like this, was useful for hacking issues.

The "end session" thing is a bad idea, because if you were hacked and they successfully steal it, you cant do anything.
    And I thought all logging in was done through the registry? Would be easy to grab IPs I think, but I dont see this as much of a problem. I mean even if someone steals your account, you could still get your name back on the servers I think (I think admins can just delete the player data to unbind that name and account).
    Forum side there is little to no gain from doing such, unless you want to get them banned. But then they just need to make a new account/talk to moderators, who can then check login history (I assume they have some form of IP tracking to help them find multi-account users) and clear things up.

I could be completely wrong, But I dont see how we need this.
    Also, I believe this would go into Site Suggestions, since it has nothing to do with the game directly?