Invisible Blocks

Reaction score
    So my friend and I were on a server, and we left the sector our base in construction was in and came back, only to find that to him it appeared that certain blocks were missing from the station but to me everything looked fine. As a result, he didn't get clipping from the blocks that he did not see, so he was able to phase through them, of which I got a video of. He doesn't know how to record in-game video so I just also had him take a side-by-side screenshot of his view next to mine so you guys could see what he saw. The most interesting part of this bug was that relogging didn't fix the issue at all, which is really damn strange considering it's a separate dedicated server that isn't running on either of our machines. Even restarting the server didn't work, so that lead me to believe it's a client issue so I had him redownload his client. I had him zip up his client (minus his .sessions ofc), so if a dev wants to take a look to see if they can find any traces of anything messed up they can; For a copy of the client in question, I'll give a link on request from a PM from a mod since it'd be of no use to anyone else.

Here's a link to the video I took. The side-by-side screenshots are in the description. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wcWSgbQ7KI

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Two other friends and I are having the same problem. Except we are running a local server from one of our computers. I (who am not hosting the server) tryed downloading the hosts files to see if something weird just happend, turns out nothing changed. Even though i have his exact files i still am not able to see some of the blocks from our huge space cruiser. I have also tried deleting ALL star-made related files, even the launcher, and re-downloaded them all but the problem is still there.

Reaction score
    I admin the server this happened on, and watched the user with the issue go through (to me) solid walls. Tried to go through them myself and was unable to. This was before as well as after a server restart.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had a problem like this exept I couldn\'t go through the blocks. I joined a server and tryed to make a ship and my ship core and the blocks I put on it were invisable.