Inverse shield damage absorption

Reaction score
    I have a pretty strange idea here that may possibly help balance the issue of the bigger the better.

So first off I better start with saying the fact that shields absorbing all damage until they are down is boring. I believe that only a percentage(a high percentage however) of the damage being dealt should be blocked by the shields. How the percentages are changed is where my idea comes into place.

One thing that I want to clarify before I begin is that the more shields a player has doesn't mean a higher percentage of damaged blocked, mearly that it will take longer until the shields are down. However there are two things would affect the percentage and that is the mass of the attacking and defending ship. If the attacking ship is smaller then the larger defenders shields will absorb a lower percentage and more damage will be done to the actual hull. If the attacker is the larger ship then a higher percentage would be absorbed by the shields and less damage done to the smaller defender.

There really is no logic behind this idea but I believe it will help smaller ships be useful yet not overpowered since larger ships will still be able to lower the smaller ships shields more quickly, they just wouldn't escape with out a few scratches and a possible broken power line. Oh and repair beams replacing destroyed blocks would also be a nice feature to have along side my suggestion cause yes it would be annoying to have to do repairs manually after every battle.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Repair beams would need a serious re-code, as would ship block damage. Besides that, I don't particularly like the idea. Smaller ships can be useful. You just have to be a lot more creative than people are being right now, and use more than one. This would also increase the punishment that heavily decorated ships receive, meaning big-butt hunks of ugly minimalism will be worse than ever. No support.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Even at 99% absorption hull can still be 1 shot...

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Wait for repair whole ship to be actually implemented.

I want a chance to do permanent damage, but with 100'000'000 missile damage weapons targeting and 99% absorption, you would still get about 7'000 hull blocks or 2500 hardened hull blocks killed.