Intel(R) HD Graphics Family [Full Fix!]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I stopped playing this game many months ago, due to a horrible bug that crahsed my game at 100% Loading.

Java's auto-updater is trash, so here's a full tutorial to get your system up to date. NOTE: I use a 64 bit machine, and as such, this tutorial is designed to fix problems on those types of machines. I am also using Intel HD 4000 Graphics. Higher or lower versions might not be helped by this fix.

1: Press the WindowsKey+R

2: Type dxdiag

3: Use the information under the Display tab to fill out the next bit.

Updating your Intel drivers: Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx and enter in your info using the drop-down options.Click "Find." Select your Operating System and choose "Drivers" as your download type. Scroll down and click the link to the top-most driver.

Once the intel driver is downloaded, run the .exe and let install. Restart your computer when it prompts you to.

After that-

Downloading Java: For some reason, Java spits out their 32 bit version when you use their update detection. Go to https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and select the right Java for you.

Download it much like you did for your intel drivers. Make sure to un-check the AskToolbar junk.

Try running StarMade.

If it didn't work, I'm not expert, but I'll try to help you.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Hey, thanks for the tutorial and possible fix! I\'ll point people who are having the crash@100 bug here to verify it works.

Reaction score
    This should be stickied imo. The launcher crash info box should also state to install 64-bit Java on a 64-bit OS. It would have saved me alot of headache back when I had a problem with it, if it was common knowledge.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    But one of the computers in my house has an intel card, and the driver for it was provided by hp instead of intel. The Intel driver will not install saying that it refuses to interfere with a custom driver from the computer manufacture, Happen to know a way around this?

Edit: I have checked HP\'s website already, and went to this specific computer, and they did not have any updates for the driver unfortunately.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t know what card you are using, but have you looked here?: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-search.html?tab=1#/qryterm=Intel&searchtype=s-002

I dislike 3rd party drivers, but it is something you have to roll with, unless you know how to manually replace one with another.

Reaction score
    If you happen to find a fix for this, If you remember, Let me know :3