Intel Graphics Driver Problem

Reaction score
    System Specs
    Lenovo Thinkpad T400 (6475-RL9)
    Grapics: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    RAM: 4GB
    CPU: 2x Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 2.53GHz

I have a problem getting Starmade to run. I have read that Starmade has a huge problem running on Intel Graphics cards.

Encountered Errors/Attempted Solutions:
    1)Driver version: 8.15.10.1872
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Microsoft windows 8.1 Windows Update Driver? - No.

When I start Starmade, I get the 99% Load error that tells me about the Intel graphics card Problem.

Attempted Solution: Installed the latest Graphics Drivers from Windows Update. Restarted Computer. Launched Starmade. Encountered new Error #2.

2) Driver version: 8.15.10.2702
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

Microsoft windows 8.1 Windows Update Driver? - Yes.

When I start Starmade, I get the following error: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated. I had also encountered this problem when running Minecraft. I fixed it by installing a non Microsoft Intel driver.

3) Looked for latest Intel generic Drivers, and latest Lenovo Drivers. No drivers for windows 8.1, Attempted to run Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode. The following error occurred: Your computer does not meet the system requirements.

I am clueless on what to try next. So far, none of the drivers I can find and successfully install work.
    The driver that would seem to fix the problem is unable to be installed. I feel I have tried to troubleshoot as best as I can. Hopefully we will come to a successful solution, that doesn't include rolling back to Windows 7, and losing all my files and having to re-download all my games as a result. Thanks for the help!

-Faptain_Obvious

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Did you disable procedually generated background in startup?

Reaction score
    Don't let Windows find drivers for you. The only ones it has ever found for me were its own, in which case it couldn't even verify where they came from and recommended I not install them. Get drivers straight from the manufacturer. AMD has a driver downloader that makes it easy.