Bug Intel error

Reaction score
    Hi, I'm running a 2015 MacBook Air on the latest version, and StarMade was working fine. Then, I changed the max framerate from 120 to 60, and from then on, I have been getting "NullPointerException: null" whenever I try to load a world. AND IT WON'T LET ME RUN THE STUPID GAME! Does anyone know how to fix this? It says I need to update to the latest Intel driver, but when I looked it up, it looked like Intel updates with the mac software. I've already tried completely resetting the game, and that hasn't worked. Does anyone know how to fix this? Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 5.28.02 PM.png

Edit:Nevermind, fixed it, I needed to disable "Show Tutorial" in the world settings and the "Play Intro" option in Options.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    If it was running fine with 120 framerate, open up the "setting" file (located in the Starmade folder), find the "G_FRAMERATE_FIXED" setting (it's on line 92) and set it = to 120. If that works, you'll just have to play the game with 120 fps max.

There's unfortunately major issues with older intel integrated graphics cards drivers (it says so on the website's download page), nothing that can be done about it. You should check if you have the latest drivers installed (check the version number and compare it to latest version for your CPU).

Playing on a MacBook Air is not ideal either since the cooling and CPU/GPU power is minimal.