Industrialization.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Technic/Feed The Beast minecraft modpacks were some of the most fun I ever had with that game, but I always had the same problem when using them. Simply put the crafting and building of machines was so intresting I didn't want to spend anytime building. Now playing Starmade I find the opposite is true, the building is so intresting and so much better than minecraft in a lot of ways and the crafting is so boring that I don't want to do any crafting. My suggestion is to add things along the lines of Industrial/Buildcraft, allowing you to make industrial machines and crafting systems and different things like automated harvesting.

EDIT: I also forgot to add that I don't really like the new crafting system, It makes you have to get a ton of materials in order to unlock the recipe and then what you need for crafting is completely random in what you need making it so different resources arn't useful for different reasons.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    difference between a modpack and a mod. Most people I know who use Buildcraft or IC2 machines have never heard of the mod itself, and attribute everything under the sun to \"Tekkit\", even when using FTB or some other pack.

Second, while I prefer Red Power for Minecraft, I think Buildcraft\'s style and simplicity are an excellent complement to the established systems in StarMade, and I\'d be 100% behind re-implementing some of its concepts. In particular, I think power generation needs a massive overhaul and manufacturing should become the primary means of obtaining anything beyond the few blocks a player starts with.

Have any ideas for how, specifically, you want to see industrial production implemented? I don\'t wanna take over the thread. :P

Reaction score
    Indeed I enjoy knowing someone else had fun with IC2, BuildCraft, and Redpower. There are already the elements nessecary to begin the processes of automation. Be able to link Factories to shops would be a nice touch, automatic stocking of goods. I am not gonna hijack your thread (as stated above) but I would like to say that automation should be semi-endgame. Or have multiple layers/tiers of automation.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There are so many things Schema could add to this game. More kinds of systems, mechanical connections like hinges, pistons, lifts and \'\'rails\'\' - for sliding doors - cables to connect systems together in tight spaces.

Possibilities are endless. But you\'ve got to remember that Schema is only one man (apart from anyone who could be working with him that I don\'t know about) and he only has enough time and money to slowly make the game better and fix numerous bugs.

What I would like to see is somebody to come up with these things on their own and code them into a version of the game to demonstrate that it can be done (and how). Then maybe you would catch his attention and get these things implemented. If I knew anything about programing I\'d do it - but I don\'t so I can only sit here and wait for another patch ^^

Reaction score
    what are the specific improvements you want to be added that are present in Buildcraft? What would you change about the crafting/mining?

Like said above, there are so many things that could be added. what are you suggesting should be added that would go along with the style and spirit of this game? How does it relate to the blocks and systems already present in the game? What are the actual activities that you enjoyed so much in that game that you want in this one?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sorry for not really going in depth on what I want when it comes to this. I want things such as factories to manufacture different parts with various different requirements to make a run each factory, conveyor belts/pipes to automatically transport items, and various other machines that automate things such as mining, ship repair.