Incinerator Block

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    We really need a way to auto-dump junk obtained from mining... Like, really really. All the dirt, lava, other crap... There needs to be a block that either just destroys it en masse, or turns it into tiny amounts of random resources.
    I need to see what cargo does, but I'm betting this will be a thing now since cargo has a space cost.

Reaction score
    Yea needs to be way to take out the trash!

Maybe we could also get some precision mining beams that just take out ore too. Tackle the problem at both ends.

Reaction score
    Something like a "rock sieve" that pulls small amounts of capsules from rocks, lava, and other assorted junk would be useful. It could give "small ore shards," and those could be combined in a basic factory to produce that kind of capsule.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This limits planet-harvesters and is a good thing *joke* :p

Content of cargo-crates could be undock-able as a box full of loot.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    id like this, been clearing my system of planets and the useless stuff is just taking up so much cargo space ;-;

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Better yet, simply rename the Micro Assembler to "Recycling Unit" and greatly expand the number of things you can put into it. Let it basically turn any block in the game into mesh or composite.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Better yet, simply rename the Micro Assembler to "Recycling Unit" and greatly expand the number of things you can put into it. Let it basically turn any block in the game into mesh or composite.
    Yeah. That, and let Micro Assemblers be put on ships...

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    We really need a way to auto-dump junk obtained from mining... Like, really really. All the dirt, lava, other crap... There needs to be a block that either just destroys it en masse, or turns it into tiny amounts of random resources.
    To add to the suggestion:

The incinerator block could be linked to storage and set up to pull items like normal storage blocks would, except that it would discard/destroy the blocks pulled.
    Optional: It could have a max incineration rate (max pull amount), meaning that you'd need more than one incinerator if you plan on destroying entire planets worth of material in a single tick.
    Optional: It could require energy to operate

So basically it works the same way as a storage block except that it destroys it's inventory.

Reactions: luizsilveira
    Reaction score
    I'd imagine the block to be an extension of the trash option in your inventory. I don't think power should be required, but I would like to see a way to recycle blocks in some way. Something like that would be truly worth the power.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What if we make it a credit source? Currently the only source of credits is shops and players.

I would love to be able to burn a thousand rocks into a single credit.

Edit: I also like the idea of needing a crap ton of power and having a limited rate.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would prefer a many-dirt-to-single crystal conversion. (E.g. 10,000 dirt yields a single crystal, to simulate the refining of tons of sediment to gather enough molecules of the crystal to build a sufficient inventory item of the stuff.)

Kind of feels wasteful that way, but more meaningful than just destroying the dirt and not getting anything for it at all.

And since you can sell what you make, it's similar to "making" credits.

Reaction score
    The gui should be better for mass deletion too: you should be able to hit click and enter repeatedly, or just click repeatedly to select, then delete all selected. I'm looking at you, loot.
    Edit: I would like the recycler to have a buffer, allowing you to delete items one at a time.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Yes. We can filter out the junk with the awesome pull-system but we need a way to continuously eliminate the chaff to avoid filling up our filter storage-block.

Reaction score
    Yes. We can filter out the junk with the awesome pull-system but we need a way to continuously eliminate the chaff to avoid filling up our filter storage-block.
    I think now that we have it, storage overflow should be used to take care of that. Currently storage blocks stop pulling when they can't accommodate another full cycle - how about a setting to allow them to continue pulling, either by linking some controller, or via a GUI switch.
    If dropped items were affected by gravity, you could place the overflow storage next to a lava pit (or simply surround the storage with lava, wouldn't even have to depend on gravity) and dispose of the excess material that way, without having to wait for it to despawn.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yup, but I'd like to see something a little different. Have a chance that destroying "junk" blocks would yield usable materials. I'm sure, in the vastness of all that lava and rock, there would be trace elements of usable minerals.