In-world block painting

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It would be really good if we could paint blocks that are placed in the world, by pressing p on them with a paint item or something. At the very least, I wish that we could color each tier of armor just with paint, so that I don't have to make a certain color of basic hull, then add some colored materials to make it into standard armor, then potentially repeat that if I want advanced armor. It is a pain to have to get a certain color of minerals to make the hull colors I want, and it makes no sense. After all, if someone wants to build a house of a certain color, they don't go all over the world to find a tree that is the right color, they use whatever good building wood is handy and paint it the right color.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Agreed; I find the concept of colored armor using different types of metal to be really annoying gameplay-wise, not to mention ridiculous from a logical standpoint. That said, in-world painting isn't completely necessary, but the crafting recipes should probably be changed. If making purple armor wastes precious purple metal from Larimar asteroids, then it's unbalanced seeing as it is only as effective as, say, white armor, which uses the quite abundant white Sapsun(?) metal you get from orange asteroids. :\

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It's quite disturbing, that there's a thread touching on the issue like two/three lines below and an hour or so prior to this one. Please stop making multiple thread on the same topics. At least check first two pages for anything relating to your suggestion.

As I mentioned in similar thread, the problem is not with armor, but in crafting in general. We first had extremely complex crafting recipes, which many have found unbearably unintuitive. In turn, it was changed to an extremely intuitive "taste the rainbow" structure, that makes no sense. There's no debate about the fact, that current crafting is completely unsatisfying. If default recipes are fixed, there'd be no need to painting anything. It might even allow to clear the paint off from blocks trough Refinery and acquiring clean Grey armor blocks out of any armor you've come around with.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It's quite disturbing, that there's a thread touching on the issue like two/three lines below and an hour or so prior to this one. Please stop making multiple thread on the same topics. At least check first two pages for anything relating to your suggestion.

As I mentioned in similar thread, the problem is not with armor, but in crafting in general. We first had extremely complex crafting recipes, which many have found unbearably unintuitive. In turn, it was changed to an extremely intuitive "taste the rainbow" structure, that makes no sense. There's no debate about the fact, that current crafting is completely unsatisfying. If default recipes are fixed, there'd be no need to painting anything. It might even allow to clear the paint off from blocks trough Refinery and acquiring clean Grey armor blocks out of any armor you've come around with.
    ... Where? Link?

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3

Yea, I looked at all of the threads on the first page, and none of them were about this.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Amen, the concept that every color of armor uses a different mineral is, IMHO, silly to say the least.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Saves me from having to build a new version of a ship just to have a repaint of one.

+1

Reaction score
    Right now the "replace block" system is not bad, but basically I think it would have been a better design decision to make one version of Armor and allow "painting",
    but then there might be an unbalance in the resource ... what am I saying, there is no real balance between the resources you find and actually use if you ask me, or I would not have millions of sintyr but zero macet and sabsun,
    then again, could just be that I just use a lot of blocks that use those.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Since hull colors are mainly decorative, you should probably be able to repaint them. This would require a recipe change to hull, though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Since hull colors are mainly decorative, you should probably be able to repaint them. This would require a recipe change to hull, though.
    There should be a change to hull recipes.

As mentioned, the concept that in order to have blue armor you need to use up an ore required for shield capacitors, or for white armor you need to use up an ore required for shield recharger, the nonsense continues from there but the concept is just plain silly.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    The different colors of hulls to be made with different minerals is even worse when you use brown as your main color. Not sure if they fixed that one issue, though.