In light of Dev Build: Explosive Beam and Cannon changes

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Right now, Explosive effects cause cannon shots to explode once for every single block that they impact, which causes alternating crosses of doom along their path. It's pretty cool for a "bigger shell" effect, but it's not what we should have in the future.

I remember "Artillery Cannon" being listed as a possible weapon combination, and we still don't really have anything "Artillery"-esque.

So, I propose a solution to the Cannon explosion issue.

The percentage of the Explosive Effect you have attached to your Cannon is the percentage of its damage devoted to an explosion, and the cannon round only explodes after all non-explosive damage has been dealt first. That way a 100% Explosive Cannon would have a large crater, or a 50% Explosive Cannon would have a penetration path followed by a mid size crater. To balance this out, we'd just keep the block damage nerf that Explosive currently has.

With Beams, it should function similarly to how they work right now - an explosion at the initial impact of each damage tick. Either that, or use a similar penetrate-kaboom system to the Cannon proposal.

In simpler terms, Explosive percentage = HE Filler percentage in an artillery shell. Less explosive and more penetrator = shell explodes inside enemy for slightly less kaboom.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Yes please. I want explosive cannons to be viable.

Dumbfire missiles would need some kind of buff to make up for this, though.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Yes please. I want explosive cannons to be viable.

Dumbfire missiles would need some kind of buff to make up for this, though.
    That buff would be the higher explosive radius and the lack of a block damage nerf.

I'd suggest making dumbfire missiles faster, too.