In Game Programming

Do you support this?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Hey guys! Bc here. I just thought i'd suggest a cool little feature that would make the game much more enjoyable for the techies and programmers out there ;)

Theres a mod for minecraft called ComputerCraft ( http://www.computercraft.info/ ) it adds computers to the game that are essentially terminals, they allow you to run programs that you code in lua, you can download code from pastebin or upload code you wrote in game to pastebin. this is essentially my suggestion

This could make Turrets and such much more advanced, and the developers wouldn't have to do a thing, community based scripts, to target specific players, open doors automatically, make ships follow a mother ship to aid in battle, let the community do all the work :D

And for the people that don't know how to code, can just download scripts that other users in the community made :)

I really look forward to some community feedback :)

-Bc

Reactions: CyberTao

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Well, Lua support is already planned o -o for NPCs and custom Station spawn (more applications I'm sure, but thats all I could think of :P) So sounds like it should be somewhat easier to add in then some other suggestions, or maybe a simple mod?

Does sound interesting though * ^*

Reaction score
    This type of thing, while massively complicated to code in to StarMade right now, could potentially handle a whole rift of tasks, from switching weapon effect groups from ion to punch-through rather than having two whole weapon groups to even auto-docking drone fighters!

Good idea, and as said, I believe it's going to be implemented 'eventually'. Right now though, I don't see it on the cards any time soon with so many other core features to work their way in.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It's simple! Just use the logic blocks to simulate a programmable PC! The old 8086 processor only had 3,500 transistors; sounds to me as if that could be a dockable module on a titan class ship. You would need 102 activation modules to simulate a standard keyboard and 24000 white lights to simulate a b/w screen. Sure it might run a little slowly, being limited in clock speed to the game's tick count, but I'm sure it would be completely and totally worth it! Imagine playing asteroids on a ship in the middle of an asteroid field!

Reaction score
    Already canon I believe with programmble Luna scripts. There is a lot of use for it too, hopefully Logic integration and signs are some of them.