Improved Heat Seaking Missiles

Reaction score
    i have a ship that has heat seaking missiles. i docked a smaller ship onto my big ship then pirates were attacking so i fired my missiles... the missiles locked on to my smaller ship and came back and hit me XD

for a future update im suggesting to make it so heat seakers can only lock onto enemies or to make it more realistic, ships that have their engines running (my small ship wasnt running so it wasnt putting out a heat signature).

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Well, it\'s not that simple. There are more things on a ship that generate heat than running thrusters, though they could stand for most of it. But basic faction-sensory equippmnt should be installed, I agree to that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Or just have the missile go out a distance, acting like a dumb fire durring that time, before locking onto a heatsource. You could even have the distance configurable in the weapons menu. I can\'t imagine that it would be all that hard to implement.

Reaction score
    Heat-seekers act like a dumbfire missile for a short distance before locking on...

Anyways, my opinion is that it\'d be better if it locked onto a cone of view, allowing for swift maneuvering to actually come in handy, and it\'d also probably avoid the problem of locking onto our own docked ships or turrets.