Improve cockpits

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello people, I've got some suggestions about cockpits that I've seen people saying or thought of myself.

• First of all, please let the ship be accessed by activating the cockpit, so you don't have to go into the bowels of your ship if you want to get in.
    • Also, let cockpits be rotated so that they actually show where they are headed towards, this would be nice to have a rear-view.
    • Maybe some sort of 360° cockpit block could be introduced where the view moves with you when you go sidewards with the mouse, but the ship stays in position. This could be useful for ships with multiple crewmembers, for example a lookout post for the gunner.

Please tell me what you think of these and give this some feedback.

Greetings, Hippo

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Pretty good ideas, i never thought of them before. This should be put into the game

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The second and third idea is nice, the first one I dislike as it makes it plain too easy to get battle ready when ambushed outside of ship\'s core.

Reaction score
    In the tutorial video beetlebear said players won\'t be able to just float around in space soon. So for the most part you\'ll never be out of your ship.

+1 for cockpits I can enter. I want to be able to store my core deep in the bowels of my ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Good ideas I agree with the second commment but they should also make you have the ability to connect cockpits to weapon computers so you can have a good view for shooting your cannons

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    In my opinion you should have to get in the core to use build mode, if you get in a cockpit you should only be able to get to flight mode while the core gives both modes.

This way you won\'t be able to just wall your core off with pure hardened hull all around it which would be kind of lame.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    And if you enter a cockpit, you can\'t switch between cockpits. You only have that view, while in your core, you can enter buildmode and switch between cockpits!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I see some pretty nice ideas coming up, I hope schema will notice this thread and think about certain things mentioned here if he has time for it.