importing older files, at the very least ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I first started playing starmade a while back (don't know exactly what version, sorry). if it will help, it was around the time that they added stars, and spawn was still 8, 8, 8. I still have the old files, but I was wondering if it was possible to bring at the very least on of my ships into the current version. I had been building, and was almost completely done with, the flagship from Star Control 2. it was rather big, and I really, really don't wanna have to start over on it. I saved it at the local shop periodically during its construction, but nothing is in the blueprints folders aside from the usual small attack ship, though I remember my ship would occasionally spawn as a hostile mob, which was rather hilarious since I hadn't yet added weapons.

in the server database folder, my ship show up as a .ent file, and in the client and server DATA folders, it appears as several .smd files. is there any way I can update this stuff, or am I just out of luck?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Try looking through old news posts and download major updates, migrate your blueprint through each update.

Go here: http://files.star-made.org/build/ In the \'Archive\' folder there will be older versions.

Code:
    starmade-build_[B]20130118[/B]_173221.zip the 20130118 refers to the date of the build. 2013/01/18

Good luck!