Read by Council Implement Owner-Controlled BP Prices

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    When a player buys a BP near a shop, it charges them a fee (typically zero). The fee is set by the server.

The BP already conveys owner set information to the consumer (like the description). Can we go ahead already and implement allowing the BP owner to set the price (along with description, permissions, etc) and actually receive those credits when a copy of their BP is purchased?

Just need a price field and have the game reference that for cost instead of the server data.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Not a bad idea, I kinda like it. The problem is that if a BP is made public, generally it's also possible to download it from the community content. If not, then you only need to "buy" it once, save it, and re-upload it as yours to make it free.

So it wouldn't really work in practice unless BP saving could be restricted.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I agree with keptick - this seems like it would be easily circumvented. Particularly in a game where everyone controls the resources necessary to produce ships, there isn't really any market security in selling them. For example, I could also buy your ship, take it to my shipyard, make a design from it, and then mass produce that design.

I suppose server admins could ban people for doing that, but unless you set the price arbitrarily high, I don't really see how they'd know you were making the ships instead of buying them. And if you set the price arbitrarily high, why would I buy your ship? I already have the resources to make one myself, I may as well just do that.