Read by Council Implement Alliances

Reaction score
    Hello all! Gonzalo here.

I have a suggestion. Basically to add alliances to the game. It works similar to factions.

- You make one. But instead of adding members you add factions.
    - When someone is in your alliance they get a tag on their factioned vessels like factions do now.
    - Ability to set specific alliance permissions, e.g have ships that can be undocked by alliance member.
    - Ability to set factions to specific ranks like the current member ranks, e.g. found father factions could have higher ranks - or equal depending on player preference.
    - Ally/wardec other alliances/factions/players.
    - Possibly ability to set an alliance HQ - like a homebase but for the alliance.

Doesn't really add much to the game, but is a good way to classify factions with similar views into a unified front.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ships in the same alliance but not faction as you should have a unique color for the hud. I don't remember what colors are already used off the top of my head, but some sort of blue-green (teal? turquoise?) seems appropriate, to combine the blue for neutrals and green for fellow faction members.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    uhh let me pull it out of the "planned" document
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457037464,1457036874][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Empires also expand the opportunity for gameplay to go beyond just one server, with empires being registered on the citizen registry, enabling factions on servers with the right permissions to join empires and pool resources. Additional gameplay elements would also come from empires.
    So it sounds like it currently isn't publicly flashed out as much as some other ideas, they do have plans.

In this case, for starmade, the Alliance keyword is replaced by Empires. I do recall in some livestream that they will have different hud colors, and stuff like taxes and tributes and vassals might even be a thing (conquer someone and then have them join you as a buffer state or an unwilling taxpayer. Of course its a temporary thing, either they rebel eventually or are further indoctrinated into your cause, can't be a vassal forever and still be willing to play the game.)

But yeah, a really big faction or multiple factions can become and Empire and be known across servers.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, whispers regarding this and meta factions have been around in the roadmap and forums forever.