Imitator Block

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Idea: A block that can have the texture of ANY other block in the game, but has no functional/exploitable use outside of decoration (and filling space?, no hit box?).

Purpose/Why: Visual design is a big appeal of making ships, but actually bringing those ships to real use requires building them or spawning them. The resource part of this makes some decoration expensive by using expensive blocks. The factory part makes some ships a pain to manufacture due to so many different blocks needed.

How: Create a block that has VERY little health, mass and armor that can be manufactured simply.
    In the building phase we can select the imitator block and select it's texture, a lot like what we have now for different shapes. When building a ship from a blueprint, adding the imitator block works the same as adding different shapes of armor.

What do you think?

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Just speculation on my part, but such a block type could be made in a way that they would be added to blueprints like displays are, and the individual imitator blocks would retain the different textures selected for them similar to how displays retain the custom text entered into them(?).

Reactions: Agame3
    Reaction score
    Create a block that has VERY little health, mass and armor that can be manufactured simply.
    Basic Hull fullfills those requirements perfectly. Getting paint for different colours is a bit of a hassle perhaps.

I'd rather go for making paint free than adding yet another block type and mechanic to the game.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Basic Hull fullfills those requirements perfectly. Getting paint for different colours is a bit of a hassle perhaps.

I'd rather go for making paint free than adding yet another block type and mechanic to the game.
    No.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just speculation on my part, but such a block type could be made in a way that they would be added to blueprints like displays are, and the individual imitator blocks would retain the different textures selected for them similar to how displays retain the custom text entered into them(?).
    Could be.

Basic Hull fullfills those requirements perfectly.
    What? No. This is about being able to use ANY texture just for decoration.