Im a sc-fi nerd

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    All right so people probally have seen some of these ideas but i havnet yet (apart from mine)

1. shipyards (near shops you have to have on of every resorce you used to build your ships (catalog system update) and if the shop doesnt stock them they send out a fleet to buy it which adds to the cost pof your ship, but you get to sit back and watch other people do the hard work

2. i think starmade needs beam computers (the ability to teleport to planet and back)

3.for the "warp drive" i would sugest something like slipstream (from gene rodeberys andromeda) it would require you going into "slipstream (hyperspace) and following set points like beacons, like another realm but if you dont have enough power for the size of your ship the "portal" that open swallows you and your lost in there untill u die. which also ,means there should be beacons indicating points where you drop out into the sector you wanted to, but again if u get lost then your gone forever, the "slipstream dimension" would look like a blue tinted space whith "streams of blue flowing past" you would have to follow one of them to get to the point you want

4. ion cannons (emp cannons can take down sheilds so you can board, but disables you weapon system for the duration their ships is completly ouf of power for)

5.Nova Bombs (bombs tat expload a whole sector) these would be over powered so it should cost 1 billion and only 4-5 shops should sell them

6.your home base should be able to build its own fleets (but you get to choose the ones it maske like ; 5 battle ship class 2 carrier class 10 fighter class and make an orbital defence system (a ring around your planet with turrets that shoot missiles

7.certin shops that have jumpgates (for people who cant navigate slipstream) jumpgates should be made only near stations which would provide them power and enough space for large ships.

8.antimator shilds (sheilds that disintergrate anything it touches with out sheilds

9.Ship AI's no good sc-fi game can be made with out them, ai robots that live on your ship that fight intruders and drop down to planets with you

10. much much much more mobs like people random ships people and animals on planets

Reaction score
    1. I never understood the whole \"Oh you need the blocks to build your ship, oh and there should be extra cost as well\" When you buy a ship you are buying the blocks, price depends on what blocks are used and how many so you are paying for what you are getting.

2. Nothing new but intresting, still I\'m someone who would rather either land or use a shuttle.

3. I think I know what you are talking about, I assume the travel from sector to sector in hyperspace is much faster then traveling through normal space since otherwise it would be useless.

4. For taking down sheilds, my anti-matter cannons have no problems in doing that already. As for disabling weapons, that needs to be balanced otherwise it will be too powerful.

5. Yeah no, something like this is too powerful in my opinion no matter how hard to make and find.

6. This is something new to my knowledge but, I say no. You can already build turrets and its easy enough to buy a few ships and slap a AI module on it.

7. Sure I don\'t see too many problems with this, other then one big on, that being camping. You warp in, boom you get killed by someone waiting for you just to kill you.

8. Hmm I think I\'ll say its a situation simular to what I said in #5, while it doesn\'t affect sheilded things this really only helps ships and turrets. Stations and planets would be doomed.

9. I would rather use other humans (Players) but, its mostly since I\'m a multiplayer minded person. This can easily people in singleplayer, or help to fill out crews on multiplayer

10. Mobs use whatever blueprints you have, build more ships and you get more mobs, also animals are already planned.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ad 1. Shopping revamp was already suggested once and not appreciated, and it wasn\'t half as tiresome as this would be. I mean sure, watching some random mobs assemble the ship for me the first time would be amusing, but most of the time I pay and I want a ship - waiting for it wouldn\'t add to challenge (and apparently to much of the community, buying stuff is fine without challenges and the only thing that needs to be adjusted - aside from horrible bugs, like corrutped blueprints - is the ease of acquiring money) nor be fun.

Ad 2. Also, already suggested (guess you didn\'t use search function after all?). Personally I dislike it, because it\'s too easy and I find little expeditions going planetside in a decent personal shuttle far more interesting and immersive.

Ad 3. May be interesting but I am not sure how much work-eficient and worth. Basically, whole new alternative \'layer\' of space would have to be designed and then servers would have to track separately movement in \'conventional\' space as well as the hyperspace. I still prefer warp drive to be just regular engine that goes waaay past \'regular\' maximum speed, but also needs time to activate, cooldown and while operational makes it impossible to strafe and barely allows turning - would be very easy to implement, perform it\'s function, prevent abuse and mostly use the code that\'s already there.

Ad 4. While I feel completely no need for new weapon systems and may even consider overabundance of such as hindrance (with exception of continuous beam emitter) I actually like this one (though, guess what, already suggested as well) - some sort of anti-shield cannon would be good.

While you can damage shields like Damiann47 says, the balance is only up to the certain size limit. In case of bigger ships it goes out of the window and many capital ones cannot be seriously damaged without amassed fire of many ships or exploiting overpowered disintegrator blocks.

Ad 5. No. It\'s basically Pay-to-Win and would be horribly abused on many servers. Possibly also crash, or at least lag said servers if suddenly loads of blocks of many ships, players etc would be changed (eradicated).

Ad 6. Also, it should remotely design and pilot your ship, shoot, move your character, start the game and turn it off at set times. So you can sit and play the game without even touching anything.

Again, no. Additional constructions/facilities should be effect of your work, result fo your own designs, efficiency and planning. If you suggest for even a ship that you buy to be constructed on site and not spawned then I cannot see how and why your base would spawn it\'s own. Not to mention logistic issues - there will be differently sized bases and not everyone will want to make galactic shipyard. There is also costs of making such things, resources involved and so on.

I also dislike one-man empires. There are ideas for need for a crew to man a single bigger ship, yet alone a whole shipyard. Get players to help you and build stuff with you. Or construct stuff on your own.

Ad 7. Maybe there could be some bigger stations in the future that would grant very limited warp ability to smaller/less powered vessels. Though I generally find such to be unnecessary (truth to be told, I find the whole warp unnecessary in general - so far even on more populated servers there\'s plenty of space for everyone and going through several sectors is a matter of merely few minutes. Hardly noticeable, especially if the person spent some time playing stuff like EVE Online where sector travel through some part of galaxy can last far longer.

Ad 8. Seems like aesthetic gimmick - current ones work like that already - sure, you get explosion animation and whatnot but the effect is the same - stuff hits the shield but doesn\'t do anything.

Ad 9. AI ships are already in although rather stupid and with too few options to be of use in many of the even most common situations where AI pilot would be useful. Now, some sort of NPCs - be it robots or just game-controlled humanoids could be interesting, especially if one could set their responsibilities and give some basic commands (follow me, stay here, man this console, seek and kill enemies, fire at will, hold fire).

Ad 10. Much, much more stuff will be in the future. This is hardly a suggestion, rather a vague wish. Patience, it will probably happen, at least to a degree. As it was said, too, you can get gretaer variety of enemy ships by designing and saving blueprints of variety of ships - AI uses them on it\'s own, if able.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    you prove valid points for all of these , i think i made these sugestions mainly for single player, it gets very lonely after a while

Reaction score
    I think that if warp is to be introduced it should work via sector selection or noted sectors, have the ship auto aim at target sector then warp. If the warp system was under manual control, distances can be overshot and even a degree off can result in missing the sector desired by many sectors. I would prefer a ship warp system to a gate system personally as there is more space for someone to claim rather than restrict it to a network.