IFF (friend or foe identification) Tagging

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    A useful game mechanic for faction-versus-faction battles of any scope, friend or foe tagging would give combatants automatic information regarding who is their ally (and consequently, who is their enemy). It would function in the form of an IFF Module, that faction members could attach to their vessels and manually enter a numeric code into (which people could standardize across a player faction before battle). The benefit, should a faction choose to use this tool, would be that it would automatically highlight (green) all allied ships in a battle, and all enemy ships (red) using a different code for their own faction. As an added bonus, it would give players an incentive to perform espionage and "steal" the enemies secret IFF code before battle, which would make combat more interesting. Tell me what you think!

Reaction score
    I think it would be nice if the space stations had a block for locating all faction ship locations within the galaxy (should any get lost etc when someone dies).

Perhaps then a version of the radar jammer could be useful if you then wanted to sneak off from your faction (without the power cost for the normal version), i.e. only your faction can\'t see your location from afar.