Ideas for a few things from a space nerd.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I will keep this short as I don't know how new or orginal my ideas are.. but here we go in no particular order.

Weapons blocks:

1: Railgun. Base it off the missiles, but faster firing, single projectile, maybe have it do more X vs hardened targets (due to kinetic impact) and X vs softer targets due to penetration value. This would also be a good turret weapon for point defense. Maybe make it ammo dependant to make it a little more interesting, since a Railgun uses magnetics, you might need to harvest ore for it to transform into slugs for ammo.

2: Laser Beamer. Working similar to the salvage gun or a cutting tool. It deals duration damage at a ever rising cost of power drain, say 1 dmg per 1 second, but it draws 10 power increments.

3: Guided Missile. Basically merge a SD cockpit with a BB, and when fired you press a key to 'enter' the misisle and guide it like you would a ship. just limit its fuel and duration, and give it less damage at a cost of guidance abilites.

4: Flame Thrower. Uses lava as fuel. Projects a gout of fire/beam of fire to overheat the core and causes limited duration damage to hull plating as well due to being overheated.

Non weapon blocks

1: Door-tunnels (I don't know a good name) but anything is better then leaving access to your core open via tunnel, as nice as plex doors are something similar to the Cockpit that will let you enter from different angles might be better. Add an ability to lock it to factions and you have a method into your vessel that dosen't keep it open in some way.

2: Oxygen Plants (works for sealed in ships) have it create an atmosphere in ship, this would give some kind of slow healing factor to anyone in the ship and there is a meter attached to it that shows air leaking out if the hull is not sealed.

3: Hexagon shapes. Just to add mroe flavor to the block styles.

4: Repeater blocks. Linked to a cockpit, they project the outside onto the blocks around them. To allow building of viewscreens inside a cockpit.

Other suggestions.

Fix the sound issue, the .ogg files don't always work ive installed the game three times, once they sorta did, now everything loops.

Include some prebuilt ships in the shop maybe, to help new players figure out what to build and suggestions on building onto them in the notes, like a Salvage ship, a Cruiser and so forth.

More types of AI cubes, such as harvesting ones, combat ones and so on, as well as some kind of prebuilt AI-Turret you can use for different ship sizes.

Random events, maybe a few scripted events at certain time intervals from radio transmissions that lead you to ore rich asteroids to helping ai defend against pirates to fighting small pirate groups, to finding space hulks.

Other then that great game, its awesome, Reminds me a lot of StarRuler and FTL.