Idea how to balance build block

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Build block is so OP. It's usefull but it makes harvesters useless. Build block damages economy so much, You can land on planet, place build block and gather whole planet. But it is not a point.

So I have idea to limit a little buildblock.

Every single block added/deleted using build block could drain energy, there could be few tiers of build block. Higer tier - drain less energy. Amount of draining energy would need to be enough high to make harvesting using build block useless. Anyway You could build ships without energy.

What do You think about it?

mou

Reaction score
    I think people could simply add 10x10x10 blocks of energy on planet to harverst it

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So it need really big amount energy + energy tanks. So it will be more efficient to harvest with harvester guns.

Reaction score
    That would make it pretty time consuming to start a station, you\'d have to put down energy first, then start building, same thing on a planet (if you were making a planet base). Maybe a simple delay when removing blocks on planets (only planets) would be better. I.e. 500us/block, which would mean if you remove a 10x10x10 with all symmetry on, (8000 blocks) you would wait 4 seconds after clicking, before you could do it again. At 2000 blocks/ second, a reasonably sized salvage ship would be faster.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Delaying base building is not that terrible. Base is not something that u spamming around. Mostly players have only one base or few it\'s not that terrible to gain more cash first to start base building.

Reaction score
    This could work. Schema has said he plans to add a power usage to salvage beams, simply apply an even higher cost to the build blocks mass remove function. This way you\'ll prefer using a mobile salvage ship to mine, while still retaining functionality to customize your base without crippling restraints.

Reaction score
    Personally, I think you should only be able to use build blocks on factioned structures.