Idea for fully automated factories

Good idea

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
    • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Manually moving materials between ship and station is boring, there should be an easy to add materials you just obtained from mining to your station.
    I would like to see a way to link storages on a ship to the core, and when you dock at a faction owned station you are offered the option to offload the materials in the storages linked to your core to that station. On the station, the docking module would have to be right next to a storgae module and that storage module could be used to handle moving materials through out the station.
    This would allow massive factiories that to be built that are fully automated and only need someone to remove the finished product. It would also allow players to create powerful automated shops that restock themselves if output from factories or a storage block could be piped direct to a shop module.

A Badly Typed ASCII Diagram:

storage 1
    -|
    \/
    storage 2 ----> Ship Core ==> Station Docking Module ==> Storage on station --> Factories or other storage
    /\
    -|
    storage n --|

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I am positive that if this isn't already in the game then it will be soon. In fact I am very sure this is something you can at least partially do already.