-----[ Idea For A Better Power System ]-----

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I believe that the power system right now is, quite frankly, rather stupid. The fact that most people just fill any empty space in their ship with power blocks is a bit unrealistic and should be addressed.

================================================================================================================

My Suggestion...

- Instead of power blocks it should be a generator block.
    - Instead of a power level there should be s wattage that a certain size generators produce.
    - AMC's etc use wattage when connected to the core.
    - When all the available wattage is used nothing more can be connected.
    - Wattage can be diverted from other systems to another for a small amount of time for a burst of power.
    - Generators should use fuel to balance the system.
    - There should be two types of generators
    - Fusion Reactors
    - Anti Matter Generators
    - The fusion reactor is small and best for smaller ships and fighters.
    - The fusion reactor should be a single block with a single wattage output
    - The fusion reactor will be fueled by Hydrogen Cells.
    - The Anti Matter Generator will be a large multi block structure.
    - Makes a larger amount of wattage, depending on its size.
    - Larger AM generator makes more wattage and uses more Anti Matter.
    - If either generator core is breached (Destroyed) a MASSIVE explosion ensues.
    - Fusion reactor makes the smaller explosion.

Reaction score
    No offence, but I get the impression that you don\'t quite understand the current system.
    There is a way to drastically increase recharge rates via block placement, and tightly packed, but not touching, groupings of power blocks.
    In a 5x5x5 cube I can get 15k+ regen with 3 groupings. A solid 5x5x5 cube will get you far less, even though it is the same size and overall more powerblocks total. I can explain this more if you want.

I also do not like the idea of fuel. What happens when you run out? Are you reduced to a snails pace? Can you move your ship at all? Do you really have to bail out and float around in your spacesuit until you find a shop?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Please explain and does it it work with shields too. It would help a lot I\'m making a NCC 1701-D USS Enterprise

Reaction score
    The current system already has plans for the power diversion, wattage sounds like just another term for the recharge rate, and the power blocks when assembled properly form complex generators. Schema has also mention a type of fuel system something like electric cars work off of... I hope all this satisfies your desires :D oh and exploding reactors, a good suggestion made by several people, I do hope to see it

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    By wattage I mean in more terms of how much can be connected to one reactor. Day you have 1000 watts available and an AMC that uses 600 watts then you can only connect other items with a total watt usage of 400. It\'s not a re charge, just how much can be connected

Reaction score
    That is the same way recharge works.
    you have an amc with 600 e/sec usage and a shield with 400 e/sec. Anything more will drain your shield/slow it down/make your power level sink

Reaction score
    Mindspark, don\'t forget how a battery/capacitor (like our system now has) would effect your wattage setup. Once you drain the ships power load (battery) then you are limited to the regent amount (wattage) and what it can supply