I phone app

Reaction score
    Ha I just had a thought I have bin looking for an app like star made and could not find one and even if I did it would most likely not compatabull whith my I device (I pod tuch 3 gen) so hopefully y'all can make it work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s probably not gonna happen. At least not soon. And it\'s certainly not a priority.

Creating an app for iDevices requires a few things:

1. Lots of money
    2. An Apple computer (so, lots of more money)
    3. Code written in C, C++, or Objective-C

This is awfully restrictive, and since StarMade is created with Java, it would require a complete rewrite, almost certainly resulting in the alienation of many existing,This is awfully restrictive, and since StarMade is created with Java, it would require a complete rewrite, almost certainly resulting in the alienation of many existing, paying users.

As is so common on these forums, look at Minecraft: the \"Pocket Edition\" is not actually a mobile version of Minecraft, but a completely seperate game, developed by a different team, which recently hasn\'t even been trying to reach content parity. And this is from Mojang, a large team that\'s still experimenting with new platforms even now.

Compare to StarMade, developed mostly by a single person and still in a highly volatile alpha state. Trying to create a mobile version now would stall development of the main game, and the mobile version would be a horribly crippled and seldom-maintained snapshot of what we\'re playing right now, with notably inferior controls.

Long story short, I wouldn\'t get my hopes up.