I like it when pirates use ships I made - but...

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I like that setting that pirates use the ships I have constructed, so I always have to keep upgrading i.e the pirates use the biggest ship in the catalog. But the reason I always turn that setting off is simply because I sometimes like to have a few titans in my catalog, and the pirates then decide to spawn in as them resulting in tremendous lag for me because my AMD gpu hates starmade.

Therefore I propose two lines in the cfg. 1. max mass for pirate ships 2. longest dimension for pirate ships

Last edited:
    Reactions: Zeveryn
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    That would be useful, I remember when I first started out (ik it says new member, I am a returning player from before the new site) I didn't have a clue what the server.cfg, and I would often crash since I downloaded the huge-ass Star Destroyer someone made (I completely forget who :P) and pirates would spawn in swarms of 6 - 8 using that ship :P

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I thought "Enemy Enable" wasn't automatic anymore? At least not after you change a blueprint's permissions via the admin tab (under catalog, when you have admin/SP).

That being said, Pirates should be regulated by the Admins o- o So I don't see Point of this; Since Admins wouldn't want to lag their servers. And in Singleplayer, Enemy enabled should be off by default, so New Blueprints shouldn't be used by pirates unless you give them it now.

Regardless, could just Limit the File size of the BPs Pirates can use? I know Servers already have that option, so would just be applying it to another filter or something?

I dunno, I probably shouldnt be talking tonight

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sometimes, you want one large ship. Most of the time, you just want a few small ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    boy do I know that feeling...damn pirates uses more then one copy of ur ship when you hope for it to be surrounded by default and any newbie ships u made

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd like to see this as a random encounter variable... Pirates should prefer Isanth-sized ships for your average raid... they are cheap and expendable. Every so often, they will come at you in something bigger. And very rarely will they come at you in a dreadnaught.
    Let each wave have one "lead" ship that can be of any random size.

ooh! Or maybe... have the size scale of the pirates change based on how well you are doing at fighting the pirates! The more spawned pirate bases you allow to survive, the bigger and more numerous the pirates get. The more pirates you kill, the smaller and fewer they are.

edit: If you do a REALLY great job of eradicating the pirates, then you get flotillas of "green-space" protesters trying to "save the pirates".

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wait, so if you do a good job of fighting the pirates it gets easier, but if you do a bad job of fighting the pirates, you get more pirates coming after you? As if damage to your infrastructure wasn't enough?

It would be better if
    a) the more damage to pirates bases you did, the more likely you would find pirate ships around other bases
    b) the more pirates you killed in your sector, the less often you got waves, but the more powerful the waves were
    c) the more pirates you killed outside your sector, the more often you would get jumped outside your sector, but by fewer, larger ships.