I feel like we need cargo transfer technology next...

Reaction score
    How else am I supposed to make a spinning planet drill if I can't transfer the items from my drill body to the core of the main ship?

Reaction score
    Sure... but I could go either way. It might be good to be able to test with the current system and reign in a cargo setting that works with the findings. I mean, rails potentially bring us the capacity to build systems whereby cargo is ferried to a potential offloading beam that transfers items in or out of containers. The rails let us build complex multi-piece ships, but without proper capability to integrate those pieces, they may be missing huge opportunities.

I could also imagine a possible ability for ships to transfer rails if pushed onto another rail/ship. You pull up your ship to a docking clamp and your cargo section slides off to the station to be replaced and/or unloaded. It wouldn't even need to be a beam in that case. You'd just transfer a part of your ship and pick up a replacement like filling up your propane tank.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How else am I supposed to make a spinning planet drill if I can't transfer the items from my drill body to the core of the main ship?
    Could always just put salvage beams in the drill and pretend like its drilling through.

Actually, a spinning salvage array would be great.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Could always just put salvage beams in the drill and pretend like its drilling through.

Actually, a spinning salvage array would be great.
    I did this... Spinning salvage arrays -ARE- great, but we need a way to transfer stuff through docking.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I did this... Spinning salvage arrays -ARE- great, but we need a way to transfer stuff through docking.
    True, but in the mean time we can just core jump to grab it and jump back.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Soon we will ask for cargo-logic.
    But I reserve all (and even more) rights for cargo-logic and release a 3D app for cargo 8-bit logistics under the terms of the GPL ;)

See, like somebody can steal you the possibility to get this idea by yourself (and sub-sequentially) receive the endorsement of others too|first|again)? ^^