I do not want my weapons to shoot my friends

Reaction score
    I really enjoy this game but I'm tired of accidently shooting my friends ships and destroying all their hard work. They need to implement those fraction blocks better where absolutely no weapons belonging to the same fraction no matter if it be Turret, ship, targeted thru the navigation button, weapons will kill or damage a friendly ship. It's very important if the creator wants people to keep people playing and buying the game for this to be done as soon as possible. A lot of people i know, no longer want to play because my weapons and turrets destroy them. I enjoy those heat seeking missle but how can i have my friends fight by my side if my heat seekers are just going to shoot them down in battle?. Not fun. I understand it is Alpha and this is my only complaint of the game that I believe should be attended to immediately. Everything else i can wait on.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Heat seekers attacking allies, in my honest opinion, is part of the balance. They are not meant to be used in fleets, and you are foolish when you try to.

If you want fast locking missiles that you don't want to worry about, try using Missile/beams on a turret. The only thing Swarm has is it's massive amounts, but the overall damage is the same as any other weapon with the same block count.

Edit, as a bonus, see what Swarmers can do enmass, then consider what a fleet of ships with that would do.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I agree Heat seekers should not go after your allies or green targets only red and/or possibly blue because just how often they kill or damage friendly people they should be able to be used in fleet combat it has been seen in a few si fys so why not starmade on one or two servers some people call them the auto declare war button because when they try to show them off the cause auto declare off on many factions

Reaction score
    LOL @ Dragon2000. Yeah when I first started I didn't know that they were indiscriminate missiles and I piled them all on my ship and then when we went into attack a pirate station, I launched them all. All I heard was the cries of my Allies in fear & pain over teamspeak. Then came the anger.. oh my it was funny & sad rolled into one.. LOL

Reaction score
    Well, I don´t want to be harsh but the basic idea behind heat seeking missiles is that they seek for heat signals - and they´ll ever seek for the nearest one.
    Here is a Thread to this topic.

Heat seeking missiles are strong if you fight alone but it would be too much op if they would only seek for enemy heat signatures.

As you can see in this wiki there are three kinds of missiles: Dumb-fire, Heat-Seeking and Smart.
    If you don´t want to shoot your friends with missiles than you should try smart missiles or try to aim with dumb-fire.
    Just multiply the amount of heat seeking missiles per missile module with the damage per heat seeking missile. As you can see, they are much stronger than smart missiles and to keep the game nearly balaced heat seeking missiles should just do what heat seeking means.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    s you can see, they are much stronger than smart missiles
    Technically false, all weapons, except for missile/pulse fits into a 5 dps per block rule.

What isn't mentioned on that page, is that all Damage is then divided among the number of projectiles. Each missile would be 75/20, which adds up to the same DPS as most other weapons.

Reaction score
    Maybe if the missile power are lowered when the activation of friendly fire not permitted and maybe can be switched on and off that way if you are going by yourself trying to fight alone you can switch the power back on.

Reaction score
    Technically false, all weapons, except for missile/pulse fits into a 5 dps per block rule.

What isn't mentioned on that page, is that all Damage is then divided among the number of projectiles. Each missile would be 75/20, which adds up to the same DPS as most other weapons.
    I see, that was my fault but the point is the same.
    heat seekers should search for heat and not for enemies, that is what smart missiles are for
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425146806,1425146750][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Maybe if the missile power are lowered when the activation of friendly fire not permitted and maybe can be switched on and off that way if you are going by yourself trying to fight alone you can switch the power back on.
    You could just build two weapon systems, one for fighting alone and the second for fighting with friends

Reaction score
    The thing is its not just me that wanted not be able to shoot friendly. Being that it is in alpha and I'm sure they would like to sell this game to 20 million people like minecraft did and was then purchased by Microsoft. Not all 20 Million people believe you should just go make separate weapons all the time for everything. Giving people the options to have something which they deem important and fun to them is a way to keep people interested in playing. I stopped playing a crafting/zombie game because they required you to have to read books and other stuff to be able to make simple items which got lame. Everyone on my list for that game had stopped playing it. Nobody wanted to no longer play because it stopped being fun. So, when People slowly start leaving the MMO and there is nobody left to play with on the server the game dies. This is just a suggestion and I believe others also feel the same to help improve the sale of the game. They can refuse to change it they can take the suggestion and mold it into their own. I'm just giving a group of people their voice as are you yours.