Hyperspacing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not like traveling at the speed of light to get to a place but punching in the sector cords and hyperspacing there.

Okay like this. Hyperspace core. costs money to hyperspace the longer the way to the place the more money it costs to get there.

http://imgur.com/3o8Sx.png

Okay so once you enter the section cords a blue square or whatever shows infront of your ship and it slowy teleports all of it to the section

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think this is a very good idea, but it should take quite long, longer wait for larger ships, it should cost quite a lot and you can\'t use it if you\'ve been attacked within the last 30 seconds of doing it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    this would be a great thing to be implemented into the game and i wil fully back up your suggestion

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This has come up numerous times before, I suggest that you look through some other forum topics about this, and see some of the problems brought up with them there.

Generally, the problem with this is: It\'s too easy. \"Oh, I want to go to that sector, so I\'m going to hyperspace there\" *Appears 30 sectors away* shouldn\'t really be happening.

Also, using Money for it? I\'m not quite sure how that makes sense... I\'d compeltely agree with huge energy use, and some negative effect on arrival (shields drop, etc), but using money every time you want to travel? Seems a little over-the-top. Especially when money actually becomes difficult to obtain. The device would be better off working along the lines of \"if you can afford it, you can have as much as you want\" and make it so rediculously expensive that people can\'t have many of them.

Also, I like the image of the teapot teleporting :).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Maybe a better idea would be to add a new type of thruster sort of thing like a warp drive?

How I envision it working:

You can select a sector as your destination and it will propell you extremely quickly in that direction. You can run into things, but won\'t let you start warping unless there is nothing in a straight line ahead of you for a few thousand meters. If something is in the way en-route a proximity alert will flash on screen, and you will need to drop out of warp to avoid crashing and destroying the front of your ship which would be possible at a few hundred km/s

Reaction score
    I am making prentations for the developers, and would like to make one for your idea

Thanks, ADI