Hull Strength Increase Idea

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello. The reason hull is so powerless right now is because they each have a set HP setting that is fairly low. If we were to just increase the HP of each block immensely, that would make sense for capital ships, but fighters with massively strong hull doesn't make much sense. Instead a single hull block's HP should scale with the amount of hull you have in total. This would facilitate small fighters having less "thick" hulls than capital ships. As a side effect, shield's could also be weakened for larger ships, as well.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I don\'t like the idea of weakening shields. Right now they are completely destroyed in a few shots by AMC\'s that use a similar amount of power and are taking fewer blocks. I\'d like to suggest shield recharge is kept the same but massively increase it\'s capacity so that, if hull is buffed, shields can keep up as another defensive option that isn\'t wiped out by a frigate half your size in less than ten seconds.

Reaction score
    I agree, hull needs a buff to do what they are meant to.

Scaling would be nice so that big ship\'s armor doesn\'t have to be an absurd amount of layers in order to be defensible when shields are down.

Also when different weapon types are introduced and combat is more balanced, shields shouldn\'t be the only viable option to a shipowner seeking to resist being blown up instantly.

As well, i for one would like to be able to make ships that travel without the benefit of shields but aren\'t just shooting gallery targets, but that\'s just me.

Reaction score
    Im pretty sure this was all panned schema just hasnt gotten to it yet.

Reaction score
    for the idea about the shields. i don\'t think they need to be changed they\'re fine for now. but for the hulls idea i approve of this

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    It\'s all a bit out of whack right now, weapons are unbalanced and dont scale properly, shields are good (but might need adjusting to a new weapons system), but armor could use a lot of love. Scaling block strength to hull size is silly really, big ships should just add more layers of blocks (befitting their size) to increase their armor, however they could do with some more HP, especially the armor blocks.

I wrote a proposal for the weapons sytem on my thread that would take care of any other problems: http://star-made.org/content/donuts-suggestion-thread-mms-holograms-and-reactors-amongst-things