HTTPS for checkout pages

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi,

I like Starmade very much and would love to buy it, but I noticed that the billing information form data would be sent insecurely via HTTP, not HTTPS — that is quite a no-go. Are there plans to address this issue?

Thanks & best regards.

Marcel

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Billing on starmade is all done through paypal, so it should all be safe and secure

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi therimmer96,

thanks for your quick reply!

I was referring to the billing information form presented upon checkout on http://star-made.org/checkout/51956. It may not be as crucial as credit card data, but name+address are personal information nonetheless. It seems to be possible to manually call the URL with HTTPS instead of HTTP, but it does not do so automatically and the site looks as if the CSS definitions are missing.

Best regards.

Marcel

Reaction score
    All personal login data shoudl be encrypted not sent in the clear as a rule.

I hope none have used passwords you use elsewhere? Careful when you change them becuase they won\'t be encrypted.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I\'m pretty sure this is fixed in the new site in development, but I\'ll make sure this message gets to the people who can fix it.