"HP Damage Penalty from systems amount" question

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Sorry if I missed this but I read through the new HP system post / watched the video and did not see a mention of exactly what "HP Damage Penalty from systems amount" means. I saw at one point in the video the value was 0 and later on in a different ship it was 1.5 but I didn't hear any mention of exactly what this means or does.

Does anyone have some clarification on this value?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Sorry if I missed this but I read through the new HP system post / watched the video and did not see a mention of exactly what "HP Damage Penalty from systems amount" means. I saw at one point in the video the value was 0 and later on in a different ship it was 1.5 but I didn't hear any mention of exactly what this means or does.

Does anyone have some clarification on this value?
    It was mentioned. The larger the ship, the more damage the structure HP will take per block destroyed. This is to reduce the extensive time for combat between large ships.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ah ok thanks. I heard that but didn't equate the two, since they were talking about larger ships / structures in terms of size and mass, not system amounts. I was thinking that the mass penalty was a non-visible quantity and this was another item altogether.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It was good idea for them to do that because it increase the durability of small ships.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Still a capital ship can obliterate a fighter in one salvo, like it should be able to...... Personally I like this update as it opens new possibilities for ship building

Reaction score
    The main advantage here is capital vs capital fights don't take forever, while fights between fighters aren't over instantly. Even an attack from another smaller ship takes proportionally more damage away from a fighter.