How to use the Astrotechnician?

Zoe

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello everyone, I've just started playing Starmade. I'm really enjoying it, but there's one thing that is confounding the f*** out of me:

My ship was damaged some time ago, when, in the very early stages of play, I rammed myself into an asteroid. At least I'm pretty sure that's when the damage occured. Anyway, my HP for my ship is at about half. I have rebuilt the ship entirely several times, so it is safe to say it's not any of the ship's parts.

So, I eventually bought an astrotechnician and added it to a little microship, so I could drive it around the space port I adopted, and use it to repair everything. I shoot a little beam at things, and little green 20's pop up, like it is repairing. HOWEVER, when I get into the ship that's been hovering at about half its HP, nothing has happened. Not one solitary thing.

How in the world does it even WORK, if shooting directly at the core of the ship doesn't repair it? I'm so frustrated right now I want to put my fist through something. >_> You know, I've been going, "Hooray, I can FINALLY repair everything!" Now... nope! What is the astro technician even GOOD FOR if it doesn't REPAIR anything??

Somebody please help, so that I don't damage my wall plaster.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Have you mounted sheilds on your ship, if you have then you might not know that your hp bar whenever sheilds are mounted divides it into a sheild at the top which is white and your actual health which is at the bottome and is well you know the colors. If you do know that happens with sheilds then well I can\'t help you.

Reaction score
    Astrotechnician repairs those visual cracks you see on the ship. You have to aim specific block to repair it. There is no \"overall repair\" happening. I don\'t know about the healthbar, isn\'t it your own health as a pilot?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It\'s your personal healthbar you\'re seeing, you\'re ship doesnt have a healthbar. You must have been shot while you were out of your ship or touched some lava. It\'s like Zaflis said, it is only used to heal visable damage on your ship.

Zoe

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay, if the bar that says HP is always my own personal health bar, then... why is it half full when I\'m in my ship, and completely full when I\'m out of it? That makes no sense.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s not a health bar, it\'s a heat bar. If it goes all the way to the top it means your ship\'s overheating.

iTy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The health bar is your health the ship does not have a health bar nor does it have a heat bar (as said above) if you have some health loss in the ship and full while out it\'s most likliy a glich.

I know people have said this in several posts but I just wanted to round it up into one post.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I might be having the same problem. After getting in a fight with some pirates and making it out (mostly) unscathed, I grabbed my little repair ship for its first run. I ended up replacing all of the damaged blocks except for my core, which still looks very damaged. When I hit it with the beam, it shows the 20\'s but it doesn\'t look like it\'s being repaired.