How to take and post a screenshot to the forums (Mac, PC and Laptop)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Follow this and you should be uploading screenshots in no time at all.

1. in-game press Tab and the G key together to remove your hud from in game, (pressing them a second time will turn your hud back on).

2.Use the print screen button on your keyboard, for PC there will be a key located on the top of your keyboard that reads "printscreen" or "print sc", on LAPTOP you will need to use the "FN" key and your "print sc" key as the same time (depending on model of laptop, and on a MAC use the "command" "shift" and "3" key at the time to capture your screen and save the image to your desktop.

3.(pc and laptop users only) once you have printscreened open up paint and press "ctrl" and "v" key together to paste the image then save it to your desktop.

4. make an account on a image hosting website, personally I use Imgur, the link is here: https://imgur.com/register

5.(for imgur) click "images" on the top right of the imgur website (once signed in) then drag the image from your desktop onto the imgur image page and it will upload.

6.then click the image icon and it will bring up the higher quality version of the image, right click this image that has opened and click the option "copy image URL".

7."ctrl" and "v" that url into a post, a user can then click that link to view the screenshot you have posted.

------

8. In order to make the image viewable in a post whilst you are making a post above the text box in the comment section you will notice an icon that ressembles mountains and a sun on the top row of icons.

9.click this icon and it will open a box, in the text box labelled "URL", you can "CTRL" "V" the image url you copied earlier.

10. the image will be viewable in your post, next to save you can a see a preview icon that will allow you to view the image and it's size before posting.

I hope this has helped.

proof that this works:

If you have any problems during this process, make sure you have followed the instructions correctly, if this does not work, PM me detailing what has happened, which step you reached and I will attempt to resolve the issue.

Reaction score
    Get rid of steps 1 through 3 and use the F5/F6 keys ;)

Reaction score
    I like how you imply that laptops run exclusively on an OS that isn\'t windows or mac.