How to make a private server?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, I am trying to make a private server for me and a friend.I am confused. This is not the first time I have made a private server for something, So i am farmiliar with hamachi and IP's and such. But I have tried the IP, i have tried several other numbers. Can someone tell me which number i am SUPPOSED to put in?

Reaction score
    I did the same thing and all I did, was tell him to put in my IP for Hamachi, then after it put :4242. Hopefully it will work. Good Luck

Have fun,

Lion

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Have you made sure to forward the port 4242? If not reply back and i will give an easy guide on how to do it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    First thing first when port forwarding is to know your internal ip address. You can do this by opening cmd (go to start menu and type cmd) and enter the word \"ipconfig\". A list of numbers and junk will come up, try to find the one that says defualt gateway. In front of it should be a number similiar to this: 192.168.x.x

(x\'s resemble any number).

Now that you have your internal ip, open up any browser and put those numbers into the address bar. This will bring you to your router settings. Next is to learn how to forward a port. Simply go to this link and find what type of router you have on the list. http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Now that you know how to port forward, forward the port 4242 in both UDP and TCP. (Sometimes theres an option for both or it does it automatically). You have now officially set up a server! Now to learn how to run it and let friends play on it.

This part is easy. First go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ and find out what your external ip is. Give this ip to your friends and make sure they put \" :4242\" at the end. Ex. 86.54.25.1:4242 (< not an actual ip). Then they will have to open up the launcher, press start game, and input this ip into the multiplayer tab. Before they do all this, make sure you, (or whoever the host is) opens up the starter.exe and clicks on the button that says \"start dedicated server\". This will launch the server. And lastly, to join the server yourself, (or whoever the host is), when you launch the startup and go to the multiplayer tab, instead of putting your ext ip in, click on the option that says \"local host:4242\".

~Best of luck!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I portforwarded and found my IP and everything but my friends still can\'t connect and an error message pops out saying the server is down, blocked, or wrong IP.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    For your first question, be sure that your friends put \" :4242 \" after entering your (external) ip, (no spaces inbetween ip and :4242). For your second question, the host (in this case you) will only be able to connect through localhost. It works the same as enetering the ip on another computer, it still connects you to your server, so you won\'t need to worry about it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just use tunngle and go to options and select upnp or something and apply restart tunngle and done

Reaction score
    Could this work on Linux?

I have a Raspberry Pi (IK, not very powerful) but could I run my designated server off of that? And leave it on for a 24/7 server?